• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A few bugs/oddities

Jingo7

Landlubber
Hi, some of the following have probably been discussed elsewhere, but I just wanna give my feedback for this brilliant mod.
Some bugs/oddities I have noticed (using Build 14 Beta 2.1):

-Towns guards not drawing swords when under attack. Specifically it happened with some English guards after I had killed 2 guarding a door, went through the door, other guards didn’t draw sword or fire muskets, but they did run up to me as if they were going to. Poor bastards.

-I think that maps and in particular, skill-boosting items are too easy to acquire. The right street vendor will sell pretty much all of them, and for fairly low prices considering the boost. Would be better if they were more thinly/randomly distributed and/or offered as a reward for doing difficult things (for example at the end of dungeons or on-board powerful ships)

-Not being able to fire into nowhere. Why are you only ‘allowed’ to fire when there is a target in range? Also does this mean there’s no point in using the ‘on-deck’ view? Since cannons seem to fire wherever they want to, not particularly where I point them.

-Difficulties with flags. So I understand if you raise the pirate flag you are instantly vilified by all nations. Why is this exactly? Would be nice if you could engage ‘friendlies’ and then hoist the black flag without being forced into being universally hated. Perhaps only the nation of the ship you captured/sank would hate you? I’ve found this also happens when raising a certain national flag in order to capture/sink a ship – same thing, all nations hate you.

-Boarding. I’ve found that, even with whittling the enemy crew down to minimal levels, boarding is still almost impossible at times. My boarders seem to have half the HP of enemy marines. Any way to increase this? Does it correspond to your level?

Hi, some of the following have probably been discussed elsewhere, but I just wanna give my feedback for this brilliant mod.
Some bugs/oddities I have noticed (using Build 14 Beta 2.1):

-Boarding. I’ve found that, even with whittling the enemy crew down to minimal levels, boarding is still almost impossible at times. My boarders seem to have half the HP of enemy marines. Any way to increase this? Does it correspond to your level?

Remember you should put the best swords you can into the weapons chest in the captains cabin for your crew to use - the better the weapons they have the more likely they are to survive.

-Not being able to fire into nowhere. Why are you only ‘allowed’ to fire when there is a target in range? Also does this mean there’s no point in using the ‘on-deck’ view? Since cannons seem to fire wherever they want to, not particularly where I point them.

You sure about that one? Tried aiming the yellow circle and pressing V? In my experience this will make them shoot at empty air or sharks or anything...

-Difficulties with flags. So I understand if you raise the pirate flag you are instantly vilified by all nations. Why is this exactly? Would be nice if you could engage ‘friendlies’ and then hoist the black flag without being forced into being universally hated. Perhaps only the nation of the ship you captured/sank would hate you? I’ve found this also happens when raising a certain national flag in order to capture/sink a ship – same thing, all nations hate you.

It's ok so. Hoist allied nation's flag if you are attackign their enemies. And having the pirate flag can make pirates not attack you if yer on good terms with them.

Ahoy! :)

When you go through a door the guards are not aware of what happened on the other side of the door, and will not fight.

Those items are somewhat common early on but become a little rare later.

The cannons will fire at any time. As your skills improve so will your gunner's aim. Early on it's almost a waste of shot and powder to fire the cannons, and even later they will never be all that accurate.

You are starting off at the bottom of the food chain. Everyone will be better than you and your crew for a while.

God I am a serious dumbass, it is indeed V to fire manually, a glance at the controls told me that.

Still having the flag problem, it's not too much bother though, I guess I just have to honour my contracts :)

Another question - Seems to be that ships don't come after you in 14 beta 2.1, so the world map is a lot safer than I would like it to be, even though I am hated by 3 nations and a 'famous pirate'.

I seem to have noticed that worldmap thing too. Not sure how we managed to break that one.

Why don't you give DirectSail a shot?

Yeah I will try out some direct sailing, maybe go for some iron-man too.
I will try to look into the world map forced encounters thing as well.

Back