• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A few Bugs with Beta Patch 6

When you have the new values BoP do you want to pm them to me and Armada in case Pieter misses it?

Hi Guys,

Major bug im afraid. The Main Quest is BROKEN!

After iv completed the missing children quest the priest has diserpeared and the Church on SAN JAUN is Empty. Which means I cant talk to him to ask to view the papers for the find Danielle quest!

and if anyone can come up with a fix for this it would really help as I dont fancy starting a new game!

Many thanks

:gday

Calm is good, calm is good.

This is because the Strange Things quest is not quite completed yet. After the battle with the Mefisto you must not go directly to San Juan. First you should go to Bonaire and drop off the children and get your reward from the governor (which you do not get). Then go to Jamaica and talk to the priest. Only then should you go to San Juan and the priest should be there. If you do this and the priest is still not there, try going in by the back way over the bridge. that should finish it so you can continue with the main quest. :hmm

Some More Bugs,

The World Map Marker for Marigot is in the wrong place. It is on top of philpsburg at the moment. It should be on the other side of the island right?

Also any way I can get out of the Dispearence of Elisabeth Shaw quest? I got to the part where as I was leaving Antigua Davy Jones boards my ship and I win and decide to take her to Grand Caymen. I now cant leave my ships deck or go to sea? If I go to the sides of the ship I see an F3 action for St. John. If I do it then it takes me to some open water on like a birds eye cam?

Many Thanks,

That part of Elizabeth Shaw is buggy. Keep rolling the dice until it works correctly.

Also, do you still have Strange Things in your quest book?

The priest should still be in his cell, but it could be he only shows up during daytime.

Somebody'd have to do some trial-and-error on the worldmap coordinates.

On your ship's deck in the Elizabeth Shaw quest, can you press Enter and then choose "Sea"?

the worldsmap coordinates are often a bit dodgy, but it's a bit of a crapshoot. it seems to depend on what island you enter from where and sometimes even at what speed, so it's a bit hard to pinpoint a specific problem. it's only the worldmap coordinates though, not your actual ones, so i'm not that bothered, but i've had it cause problems if i'd go the actual worldmap to sail. nothing serious, but i'd end up in a place i'd not expect.

This is no bug, but more of a discussion: The logs about wind strength and direction (if compass I think), are they really necessary on land. Why not limit that for any at sea situation or maybe port/shores too? It's ok but who cares about the wind in the jungle? :|

i do, since i like to know if i have to wait until i have proper wind to leave or not. that was the whole point of the mod in the first place.

I read it thanks Bartolomeu :yes

On the strange things bug I think I may play through both the JS version and Standard and see if the bugs are for both and if I can fix it ;)

The priest should still be in his cell, but it could be he only shows up during daytime.

Somebody'd have to do some trial-and-error on the worldmap coordinates.

On your ship's deck in the Elizabeth Shaw quest, can you press Enter and then choose "Sea"?

Hi I tried looking for him day and night in the church on several occasions. Ill check if he is in his cell after I get out of the this Elizabeth Shaw BUG.

Nothing shows up when I press enter

Also to answer the question above. I dont get to roll the dice. it is done though dialog.

EDIT: I just found out the bug only happens if you go to world map after leaving antigua. If you direct Sail to somewhere else e.g Nevis and land in port. When you reboard your ship the quest kicks in and this time you can press enter to go to sea!

EDIT: Just checked the cell and the preist is not there or in the church? any idea's where I can find him?

Many thanks,

If he's neither in his cell nor in the church, then I don't know where the guy is. :facepalm

Jack Rackham, I know what you mean with the wind strength log. Maybe we can limit it to showing up only in locations with a to sea" locator.
But then you can also go to your ship and then sea from any location. Alternatively, have it show only on your ship deck.
Then if you do visit your ship deck before going to sea, you can make the decision then. I'm not entirely sure how to do the coding for this,
but probably checking if you're on a ship's deck is easier than checking if there's a "to sea" locator.

Captain Matt:

Have you been to Kralendijk and talked to the Governor?

Have you been to Jamaica and talked to Father Bernard?

If yes to both, then have you tried entering San Juan by going in the back way over the bridge? When the priest isn't in his church and you sail into the harbor it usually ctd's when one tries to go to shore. So going in the back way is the only way in.

Please look at attached fix (worked for me) and please test it... Requires a save game from BEFORE sinking the Mefisto/killing the captain ;)

Just extract the contents of the 7zip file to your main POTC directory to apply the fix and allow to overwrite (if you want to back up your files check the changed files out first and make backups) :yes

Attachments

• Animist quest fix.7z
    85.6 KB · Views: 68
can i have that in a regular zip file? 7zip is something that's always given me problems.

Pieter, if we want to limit it to port/shores (and decks) we could check their sound types I guess. My suggestion is for both wind strength and direction.
The date info is another thing, without saying too much I would say it appears very often too...

Back