• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A few questions about sailing.

ClysmiC

HoO Team Member
Programmer
Provisional
First of all, my ship seems like it's going too slow. I'm playing in realistic mode, and I'm sailing an English Bark with a 9 knot wind filling my sails, yet I'm only achieving about 2.3 knots. This seems slow to me. I have a lot of ale in my cargo hold (assassin story line), but I don't think it should slow me this much. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a good speed?

Also, I read somewhere that in direct sailing, every 1 real-hour should equal 1 game-day. But I seem to be getting a new day every ten to twenty minutes... This is really lowering the appeal of direct sailing as it will probably take 2-3 times the amount of days to sail to a destination as it would for me to do so using the map.

:gday

When you are first starting out on a quest you are a rookie with very low abilities and skills. That means that your ship will not be as fast or maneuverable as it will be later when you get better. That said, be happy your are getting that much speed with that wind. 9 knots isn't much. You can run that fast. I'm guessing that with a 30 knot wind that ship might go 10-11 knots.
He he. You will be pleasantly surprised with your next ship, which is one of my favorites. :luv

About direct sail. That doesn't sound right. Unless I catch a lot of bad winds like you have I use less days in direct sail than in world map.

Yes, the next ship is awesome :keith

With this new ship, I'm making pretty good progress each day, but unless I read it wrong, I thought days were supposed to take an hour? I'm getting a new day every fifteen-ish minutes.

they do take an hour. in game. and each hour in game is 15 minutes realtime.

Back