• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A few things from the heart

Maritz

Landlubber
Ahoy seadogs!
After the fourth try my download finished and I started sailing the new horizon seas, and were I totally shocked...

It is bloody MARVELOUS!!!!
Truly this build mod made my year. Life is worth living now. So I quickly want to get a few things of my heart:
1) To Piratesahoy! community, you are just a big ball of epicness. Thanks for all the stunning work and keeping everything together and organised!
2) To all the modders who worked on the mod: You guys are true virtual pirate heroes. You are sacrificing your time and expertise to make this game a true legend. You are not getting paid, yet you go to the ends of the world to make it better.
3) Lastly I wish to thank all the Potc gamers like me, since without people playing a game, no mods would be made.

As a sidenote, modders, and advice givers, you have my eternal gratitude and respect. I have read many posts on this forum- and it is clear there are many folks who demands awnsers and help, without any form of gratitude. You are all doing as a great favour by sacrificing your time to create these mods and continious support without reward. I dont know what gives you the endurance to carry on- but I sure am glad that you are!

And another few things of my heart:
- This pack is bloody good and revelotionary. Hell if all bugs could be cleaned and some general tweaking- this could easily become a new game on its own- as a follow up stand alone (in theory)- its just that good.
-I suffer the quite occasional crash for no apparent reason. Its not installed in program files.
- In my very short time that I have sailed in the new carribean I have come accross two things that have boggled me, so I will ask this as a sideline questions,which is:
-How do I fire the musket? lol
-If you ask locals for the blacksmith and there is none- your character says something about starting something like a network, is this at all posible? Any hints?

So in conclusion, thanks all this is super epic stuff

Ahoy mate!

Yeah I know how you feel I felt the same way whenever I looked into this modpack and forum. It's just great!

To your questions ...
I haven't yet found a musket in 3.1, but in 3.0 it fired like a pistol ... though you may need special ammunition, musket bullets as a default. You can change that in the options.

I heven't yet encountered the dialogue - but I rarely asked for the blacksmith, I think I know just where they are. Will look if I find that.

-How do I fire the musket? lol
It works like a pistol, and you need musketbullets + gunpowder (if ammomod is on).
The mod is far from perfect and the musket doesn't always behave as it should when
switching between hip and back position.

:ahoy mate!

All of the bugs will never get cleaned out. Some are built into the engine. But NH IS getting pretty good. You should have seen the mess we were working with 3 years ago.

The musket can be tricky. If you start off a scene with your sword drawn it will not fire. You have to sheathe then redraw your sword and then it will fire.

Thanks a lot, mate! :cheers

That blacksmith talk about a "network" is a hint to drop by our forums so you might be able to add the missing ones yourself. :cheeky

Ahoy sea dogs!
Thanks for the replies- means a lot.

Well I got the musket firing (it doesint seem to work if the ammomod is not active), it does act like a clown sometimes- nut it is great fun when it does. Helps a lot vs a strong captain. I also had a lot of fun with "shotgun mode" the other night- it kept throwing the enemies around like old duke nukem style- yet did no damage. Was verry clownish and fun :).

Haha so the blacksmith network is not real.. Butit did give me a epic idea.. How cool would it be if you can set up a whole illigal network, for instance a weed network, where you have your own lil weed farm in the jungle and get some slaves to man the farm, with one of your officers as the plantation manager.. Then you hire dealers on the islands, and some smugglers to take your supply to your network. With a nice "high risk, high profit business, where you try to hide your farm from your own smugglers, and your smugglers get caught now and then. Drug wars- pirate style :D. Unfortunately I cant code for shit, so this would have to wait until I get reborn with some coding skills..

Further more I have found "Ze Steamship" :D awesome fearsome looking beast she is.. Yet I can simply not get the bloody engines rollin.. I do have planks for fuel and the message on the right of my screen just states that engines are at full stop. Any help?

Guess what? Hemp was not only legal then, but rope was made out of it. Nobody cared if you also grew the smokeable kind too.

If you don't have ammunition for your shotgun, it will do no damage. That's quite funny indeed, but not intentional.
Can't stop the shotgun altogether though. :facepalm

For the steamship:
Code:
  Press Numpad [+] to increase engine power and Numpad [-] to decrease engine power. Numpad [*] sets power to zero

Back