• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A little question... and a little special for everybody :D

CaptnLysop

Sailor Apprentice
Hi there everybody!

First off, to show my appreciation to the mod community and stuff, here is a little trick for the Build 13 that I made myself, lol, not really a big piece of code-work but still...

I rebound all my keys and found out that when you dont assign R and G to 10,30 and 3x Timescale, it glitches on the Spacebar and everytime you press it, you get either 3x or 10x acceleration. To get rid of the whole function go to "seadogs.c" and search for "case "BOAL_Control" and case "BOAL_Control0" and replace all lines that go underneath and ARE OBVIOUSLY PART OF THOS TWO FUNCTIONS with THIS:
case "BOAL_Control":
break;

case "BOAL_Control0":
break;

so it may look like
[.........]
DoCharacterUsedItem(PChar, Items[idx].id);
Log_SetStringToLog(LanguageConvertString(tmpLangFileID,"Used potion"));
}
// NK <--
break;

case "BOAL_Control":
break;

case "BOAL_Control0":
break;

case "BOAL_Control2":
/*if(PChar.nation == ENGLAND)
[.........]

now you can unbind these keys alltogether, the function just goes into nirvana. Don't have any timeacceleration anymore though, but a small peek into "controls.c" re-enables the old "*"-Button 2x TimeScale :)

NOW MY QUESTION:
THE WATER! I see (quite frequent) light-blueish "thingies" floating around on the waves, looks like fish upside-down or maybe Icicles or something. Is that normal? Been a couple years since I last played the game, but with Build 13 it runs like a charm on Win7 64bit.

So thats all, I'm just a bit "picky" when it comes to things I can't tell wether they are a bug or just "there".

Thx for any answers, and hag looting, ya-haaarrrrrrr :D

Do you have an nvidia video card? Sometimes the water looks ...strange.

Hey thx for the reply and nice avatar picture....
I installed (or still had) AoP2 and checked, and it's the same there: only coz of the better Graphix of AoP2, I was able to identify the strange thingies:
Fish.... acting like they are swiming... you know, like a human.... or some "landbound" Animal like a Dog or so... so Fish, swiming like tiny little Boats. Must've been that damn accident way over east [not so much lolz, more grief about the losses], but that is proof that radiation kills :p lol.

O yea I'm utilizing a ATI HD6000 Series on Win 7, Core Quad, and NEVER had a crash, only Alt+Tab outta the game kills it.
Only graphical Glitch I got is when I strart the Game up, on the Main screen of AoP2 it flashes a green stripe on the center of the Menu, for about 1/500th of a second, I can live with that.

Ok, so you are seeing the fish. There are small fish that you can see when you look over the side of the ship, and there are sharks that sometimes swim on the surface and even jump out of the water.

Hehe. I was taking a screenie of a dinghy last year and was reaching for the button to snap the picture when a shark jumped out of the water right next to the boat. :shock: I missed it by that much.....

Back