• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A new monk

Now @Grey Roger

How did you made the icon for Ebony Saber?
View the sword in GM Viewer. Switch the grid off. Rotate the model and zoom until you have a decent view of it. Then press "Print Scrn" to take a screenshot.

Paste that into Photoshop or GIMP. Then you can resize, rotate and copy it onto the interface picture. You'll need to cut away the grey background, then brighten up the sword a bit - GM Viewer's picture is rather dull, even for the ebony sabre.

For the shadow, create a new layer between the interface background and the sword, then use a soft brush to draw the shadow in black. By having this layer under the sword, you don't need to be precise and avoid the sword.

@Grey Roger, I'm sorry to bother you again but I got some problems so.

I added those weapons now into the game but now any storyline won't run.

I added the error.log file here.

Here are the sword icons
Sword Icons.png

I also added the swords and GM and tx.tga are inside the .zip file

Please can you look at it?

Attachments

• Swords.zip
    276.2 KB · Views: 96
  • error.log
    65.6 KB · Views: 103
Can you upload your version of "PROGRAM\Characters\characters_init.c"? That "error.log" file shows a list of errors but the first one refers to "characters_init.c"; the rest probably follow on from that.

You have added a separate 'case PLAYER_TYPE_CASTAWAY', 'case PLAYER_TYPE_ADVENTURER' or 'case PLAYER_TYPE_REBEL' line for each character. That's not going to work; the 'switch(CharPlayerType)' line is looking for one case for each player type and will only recognise one for each. You've also added some extra 'switch(CharPlayerType)' lines, which are why the game is now crashing.

Try this one. If it still doesn't work, again post "error.log" - I may have made a typo somewhere.

Incidentally, if the new swords don't have weapon qualities then there's no need to check for the Weapons Mod:
Code:
if(ENABLE_WEAPONSMOD)   GiveItem2Character(ch, "demons");
else           GiveItem2Character(ch, "demons");
He's getting exactly the same weapon whether the Weapons Mod is active or not, so don't bother with the condition. Each character only needs one line to give the sword, e.g.:
Code:
GiveItem2Character(ch, "demons");

Attachments

• characters_init.c
    42.9 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Alright, I tested out and the error.log tells something about characters.h

and characters_init.c has shown this

COMPILE ERROR - file: characters\characters_init.c; line: 95
missed '{'

EDIT

After correcting it showsd this

COMPILE ERROR - file: characters\characters_init.c; line: 689
Duplicate variable name: i

Attachments

• error.log
    132.4 KB · Views: 100
  • characters.h
    4.2 KB · Views: 88
  • characters_init.c
    42.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Yes, I made a typo. :oops: I've replaced the file in post #25 with a corrected version. This one I tested and it worked. I don't have any of your new models but I was able to select Avergorex.

Incidentally, if you make Avergorex and Dervia PLAYER_TYPE_CASTAWAY, they won't get their swords. When you start a FreePlay game as a castaway, the game removes all your equipment, leaving you with nothing but a few stones. That is the whole point of starting as a castaway, previously known as "evil stormy start" - you begin the game with nothing except a minimal dinghy and the stones. It might be possible to put their swords somewhere else, then they have to find their way off their random starting island and go to collect the sword.

FINISHED

@Grey Roger @Jack Rackham @GhostOfDeath91

I want to thank you for your help in making those weapons.

I'm uploaded the rar file with the characters who possess those weapons.

Aye @Grey Roger turns out I needed to create a Layer mask and lower it's cover xD

Attachments

• New Rune Swords and Characters.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
The monk version of Avergorex, certainly. The demoness Dervia, yes, provided you give her the texture file for her head - she needs a second texture file, "Devilladyead.tga.tx". And for preference, if she has her horns as well. You should also reconsider their player type - if they're castaways then they won't get their swords, and the only ship they'll get is "Tartane50", the leaky dinghy.

As for the rest, are you planning on writing a storyline to use them?

Last edited:
Here's the head for Dervia I totally forgot it xD
And for preference, if she has her horns as well.
I don't it's going to be possible by using TOOL as I have no knowledge of this program.

As for the rest, are you planning on writing a storyline to use them?
I would I don't know how to code in C++/C :(

Attachments

• Dervia head texture.zip
    106.5 KB · Views: 104
Fair enough, Dervia won't be horny. You should still choose a different player type for Avergorex and Dervia if you want them to get their swords.

You should still choose a different player type for Avergorex and Dervia if you want them to get their swords.
I guess Avergorex can have a Social Climber and Dervia will have a Adventurer Rank

In order to do that I should put some code in correct place in character_init.c?

Somehow I don't imagine a scary-faced monk climbing through the ranks of polite noble society. xD Possibly make them both Adventurer, as that would make the coding easier?

Probably don't set them as Rogue or Gambler either. Both those types have the same short starting quest which can involve seeking help from a priest, who would probably not want to help an undead monk or a demoness!

I gave the devils horn a try. It was possible to make the goat head invisible, shrink and position the horns.
But when Beatrice turns/moves her head the horns don't.

I corrected the character blade input

Attachments

• ItemsDescribe.txt
    67.4 KB · Views: 98
  • initModels.c
    513.7 KB · Views: 87
  • characters_init.c
    45.6 KB · Views: 93
You may want to reconsider Avergorex's ship again. If you start with a tartane, you get the "stormy" start, which isn't quite as tough as the castaway start - you do get some starting equipment, but it's a random sword. So Avergorex still does not get his ebony sabre. You could use one of the luggers - I tried giving him "LuggerCT", which is a black version with white markings. Or you could be a bit more generous and give him "Barque3_50", which is a jackass barque - a nice, agile ship, with a black and red hull.

Dervia's sword is interesting. For Avergorex's sword, I tried to do clever things with the alpha channel to add highlights. All you did was make the whole alpha channel the same shade of grey. And it worked! Dervia's ruby sabre has a nice sheen while still showing the colours. That's a lesson for me, then - don't overthink things when simple works just as well. :D

Back