• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A nice trick to know to increase your money fast

HellSailor

Privateer
Storm Modder
Here i will explain an useful trick that it will help beginners to increase their benefits fast when you are trading. Important to know that in this trick i don't use cheats.

For this trick i take the example of the TSH campaign, which is the best for this trick. To start with this trick, you will need some things first:
  • Having at least 100,000 gold.
  • Having a decent quartermaster.
  • A decent ship with good cargo. (This is not very important, but you will need it when you grow your economy)
To start with, you must go to Bridgetown; In this city, there's exporting on Gold and Silver. In the store, you should buy 50 gold and 50 silver. If your money doesn’t allow you to buy all of that, try to buy 25 gold and 25 of silver. Before you buy them, take a note on the money that has the store (money’s city): This is very important. There are five types of economy on the citys:

1. Very bad situation (It has less than 5,000,000 gold; it has very low amount of products on the store, and the price per unit when you buy will increase very fast; the price of selling it will decrease very fast per unit.)

2. Bad situation (From 5,000,000 to 10,000,000 gold; it has low amount of products on the store, and the price per unit when you buy will increase fast; the price of selling per unit will decrease fast.)

3. Normal situation (From 10,000,000 to 15,000,000 gold; it has decent amount of products on the store, and the price per unit when you buy will increase at normal; the price of selling it will decrease at normal.)

4. Good situation (From 15,000,000 to 20,000,000 gold; it has high amount of products on the store, and the price per unit when you buy will increase slow; the price of selling it will decrease slow.)

5. Very good situation (It has more than 20,000,000 gold; it has very high amount of products on the store, and the price per unit when you buy will increase very slow; the price of selling it will decrease very slow.)

As you can imagine, it is best if you can buy or sell products on good or very good situations. So… when you buy the gold and silver, go to Sao Jorge and sell them there. Take a look on his economy; I don’t recommend you to sell your products if the economy is below normal; in that case sail to another island where gold and silver is imported (for example, Dutch islands). When you sell them, you will have a very good benefit, around 50,000 or 75,000 gold in some cases. Then continue doing this until you reach enough money to buy another ship in which you take more gold and silver, like a pinnace. Take note that gold could be at selling prices better than silver, and viceversa.

· In an economy with normal situation, you should sell around 50 or 75 units of gold and silver.

· In an economy with good situation you should sell around 75 units of gold and silver, and even more, if you are lucky. In some cases if he price for selling are high, then sell about 150 units.

· In an economy with very good situation, you can sell around 150 units of gold and silver, and even more, if the price is high!

My top about the price of purchase for the gold should be no more than 1100 gold, and for the selling price, not below 1250 or 1200.

In the case of the silver, you should buy no more than 750 (Not sure which price is good), and for the selling price, not below 850 gold.

And that’s all, I hope you find it useful to earn money from the point of view of a trader. Have fun! :)

PD: From Sao Jorge you can also buy coffee in order to smuggling on Barbados… more rich even! :p

Of course, smuggling has very good profits... if you know which products are you going to sell and where :p

And yes, all this knowledge is because i am also studying business on the university, so that's why i take a look on those details ;)

Ebony is the best way to increase your profits at a very high level. The price for smuggling with it is about 1500 gold per unit, and it doesn't change the price when you increase the number of units when you sell it to smugglers. I think it is the best way to get rich, even better than silver and gold! :D

Can you name good ways, places and such on the best way(s) on how to acquire Ebony then? That'd be really helpful with your thread. ;)
Well, for me, I usually acquire Ebony from pirates. Can't get them from stores. I ain't into that business anymore. Hehehe. :p
But if you'll list some good ways on how to get/acquire some and such, I might put the smugglers back on my list of investments. :yes:onya

Same here - I get ebony without paying for it. I can't recall off-hand where is good to buy ebony, but all you need to do is go through the list of colonies and see which ones are exporting it. Export means it's cheap, import means it's expensive, illegal means it's very expensive and a good place to smuggle.

The best profit margin is to storm the fort. When you've done that, you don't pay for anything. On the down side, you don't get money for selling anything either - "trading" in the store is similar to looting a captured ship, you either take or leave stuff, except that the store doesn't sink when you've finished. It will still be there tomorrow, back to business as usual. So you off-load as much as possible, leaving some food and rum to keep your crew supplied. Stuff your hold with as much gold, silver, ebony etc. as you can. Go and celebrate in the tavern, have a good night's rest, then return to the store and sell back all the cargo you stole the day before.

Of course, there's the expense of repairing all the damage you took during the battle, since storming a fort no longer means free instant repairs to all your ships. But the ransom you extract from the governor will more than pay for that. :D

Huh! Easy for you to say "Storm the Fort". It ain't easy! :p And I always play as a "Swashbuckler", so nah..:razzI'll just stick for what I know the easiest as for now.

Of course, sorry DavyJack, didn't put it on here, sorry :p

The way you can buy cheap ebony depends on your relations with the nations... I think you play NH as a "pirate of the brotherhood", isn't it?

But anyway, if you are playing the standard storyline, your relations will be hostile to france (which in the island of La Hispaniola, all the cities export ebony). So the best way to obtain ebony cheap is on Puerto Rico. From there i usually like to buy from around 100 to 200 units of ebony if i can, then go to nevis, talk to the smuggler, sell the cargo, and get an enormous profit. (Ebony bought at puerto rico costs 250-275, and with smuggling you can sell each unit from 1500 gold!). If you only like to use the normal trade of exporting/importing, then go with gold and silver. No questions about that. :doff

I didn't say storming the fort was the easiest way to make money. :D

Just because France is hostile doesn't mean you can't trade there. The storekeeper of St. Pierre doesn't seem to mind that the rest of France doesn't like me very much. Neither does the storekeeper of Guadeloupe, but that's because I went into the fort by land and persuaded a diplomat that Guadeloupe really ought to switch sides. You can do the same to Port au Prince, Hispaniola, if that's where you want to buy your ebony.

You can trade on Nevis without having to talk to pirates. There's another colony. ;)

Hmm... looking back at earlier posts in this thread:
Of course, smuggling has very good profits... if you know which products are you going to sell and where :p

And yes, all this knowledge is because i am also studying business on the university, so that's why i take a look on those details ;)
Which university is doing a business course in which knowledge of smuggling and piracy is significant? xD

I believe they held a Cyber-Ninja-Jedi-Pirate-Smuggling Advanced Course at the Unseen University in Ankh Morpork last semester.

And there was a conference at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 2012, where Dumbledore gave the keynote talk "Where to sell me booty? Risks and challenges regarding pirate equity fonds, cargo swap trades and smuggling investments after the financial crisis."

Today most privateer business schools offer full Bachelor and quarter Master study programmes related to these topics as well. The most influential work, which most courses are based on, is of course "Drow's Double your Dubloons".
Err, yes. :D

I believe they held a Cyber-Ninja-Jedi-Pirate-Smuggling Advanced Course at the Unseen University in Ankh Morpork last semester.

And there was a conference at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 2012, where Dumbledore gave the keynote talk "Where to sell me booty? Risks and challenges regarding pirate equity fonds, cargo swap trades and smuggling investments after the financial crisis."

Today most privateer business schools offer full Bachelor and quarter Master study programmes related to these topics as well. The most influential work, which most courses are based on, is of course "Drow's Double your Dubloons".
Err, yes. :D

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl
Seriously Elrapido, you had made me laugh a lot with that. Such a powerful imagination! :beer:

Hmmm... i'm thinking... your idea is not bad.... Hylie, Pieter, could you please create a secret island in which you can take all knowledge about commerce and trading? Or at least an academy...? xD :p

Back