• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A second version of the USS Enterprise

May have to double check where she's used.
Name on stern means quest ship only. Is that what we want for her?

There is no actual quest to make use of her; but we do have the navy officer promotion reward ships.
So to see her, players would HAVE to play as a US Navy Officer.
But how many people are going to be doing that?

It'd be quite weird to have all sorts of US brigs in the game to all have their own random names, but to all have Enterprise written in their Stern.
It isn't a rule per se; it is just logic.

The Constitution has two versions, one with name and one without.
If you think it worth it, that could be done here too.

I see your point. I guess it's up for discussion. The 1799 Enterprise did play some important roles before, during, and after the war of 1812. Is she worthy of a unique version in the game? Another noteworthy vessel would be the USS Niagra.

Here's my work on her. Not completely done yet.

ebookreader_4142016_123751_AM.png

ebookreader_4142016_123757_AM.png

ebookreader_4142016_123816_AM.png

The 1799 Enterprise did play some important roles before, during, and after the war of 1812. Is she worthy of a unique version in the game? Another noteworthy vessel would be the USS Niagra.
I always figure that if there is special stuff added to the game, I want to see it USED somewhere.
Otherwise, for ships they're relegated to being available only from Vanderdecken.
Which is better than nothing, but not all that substantial really.

I always figure that if there is special stuff added to the game, I want to see it USED somewhere.
Otherwise, for ships they're relegated to being available only from Vanderdecken.
Which is better than nothing, but not all that substantial really.

I suppose. Maybe one day I'll get that US Storyline I proposed a while back fleshed out and we can use some unique US ships. Still gonna finish up the Enterprise. I'm almost done, but I'm getting sleepy.

I suppose. Maybe one day I'll get that US Storyline I proposed a while back fleshed out and we can use some unique US ships. Still gonna finish up the Enterprise. I'm almost done, but I'm getting sleepy.
As a halfway measure, you could create the ship's captain in "initModels.c" as a fully specified story character (see the entries for others such as Will Turner to find out how that works), then assign him your Enterprise. That's a lot quicker than writing a whole storyline and gets your ship into play.

How much different things do you want to have on your plate at the same time? :cheeky
A lot! :D

As a halfway measure, you could create the ship's captain in "initModels.c" as a fully specified story character (see the entries for others such as Will Turner to find out how that works), then assign him your Enterprise. That's a lot quicker than writing a whole storyline and gets your ship into play.

That could work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or set the Enterprise as the default starting ship for John Paul Jones.
His character already exists; I just can't remember what starting ship he has.
But why not that one? :cheeky

Besides, if USS Enterprise is to be depicted as a brig (she was originally built as a schooner, upgraded to topsail schooner, and subsequently to brig) then it would perhaps be more correct, in several ways, to honour her true commander at that time - Lieutenant William Ward Burrows II. He was in command when Enterprise engaged the British brig HMS Boxer. Both Burrows and Captain Samuel Blyth of the Boxer were killed in the fight, which ended with Enterprise taking Boxer as a prize. If you want to add a free-play character for Enterprise, he's probably your man.

You might end up with THREE US naval officer free play characters: John Paul Jones (already in the game), the USS Enterprise one AND Josiah Peabody (already in the game).
Isn't that a bit.... much?

Back