• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

abnormal program termination

steven1149

Landlubber
i installed build 14 patch 6 (the newest) and it works fine, but i'm doing the justine le moigne quest and i need to go to grand turk, but every time i try to go from my ship to the port the game crashes and an error apears saying: abnormal program termination.
how can i fix this? i really like the game and i want to continue playing.
i already tried reinstalling everything and i replaced my saved games but still the same error apears.
i never had this error before only since i'm doing the justine le moigne quest.

p.s: sorry for my bad english i'm dutch

This forum gets more traffic than the bug tracker does and is a better place to put this issue anyway. This does not appear to be a general problem but is a problem specific to steven1149.

Steven1149: Have you been to the storylines forum to see if anyone else has run into this? Also, do you have error reporting enabled?

This forum gets more traffic than the bug tracker does and is a better place to put this issue anyway. This does not appear to be a general problem but is a problem specific to steven1149.

Steven1149: Have you been to the storylines forum to see if anyone else has run into this? Also, do you have error reporting enabled?
i have been to the storyline bugs but can't find it there. how do i enable error reporting?

When I click on the icon of the game...

c++ Runtime error

abnormal program termination says...

Win7 use...

Have you read the FAQ? Have you looked in your POTC folder to see if you have run the rename.bat yet?

I'd echo Hylie Pistoff's suggestion, read the FAQ, especially in relation to the correct install instructions for Windows 7(and all the rename.bat stuff also). If your getting this error right at game launch, 99% of the time it will be that you have left out one of the install steps OR have not read the FAQ for running the game under Vista and Windows 7.

Back