• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Adding music file to game

jack sparring

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
Suppose i wanted to add this track
to play ingame like the "POC_Main_theme.ogg" but instead of replacing the main theme file alternate between the two and play them both, is that possible? and how could i do that?
Also in what part of the game is the "POC_Main_theme.ogg" used?

I checked but i am not really sure i understand where this track is used. is it only for the main menu?

Oops! I left out the final link. :wp

Look in POTC-->PROGRAM-->SOUND-->ALIAS-->music_standard.c

I have never actually done this but........... Name your track and put it in the folder with the other sounds. Then in music_standard.c copy and paste the tmpref line and then change the title to your track. That should let it play. I hope.

Please note I just got up and am still working on me first proppa mug O java.

i am using the potc music so i guess i should use the "music_PotCMovie.c"?

so if i want it for example to play during the day while sailing then and i name it "POC_Hes_a_pirate.ogg" and in the .c file i put something like this:

Code:
//============= SEA =================================
   tmpref.music_day_sailing.f1.name = "MUSIC\PotCMovie\POC_Spokplavanie.ogg";
   tmpref.music_day_sailing.f2.name = "MUSIC\PotCMovie\POC_Enplavanie.ogg";
   tmpref.music_day_sailing.f3.name = "MUSIC\PotCMovie\POC_Hes_a_pirate.ogg";

Multiple main themes should be perfectly possible. Just use those .f1 and .f2 options. You may need to start a new game for it to take effect though.
And it could be that it always starts with .f1 when you start the game. Can't remember now how that works.

It DOES work with new game i tried it in day sailing. can't say about save game though cause then i added it in main theme only but haven't listened to it yet. not sure when main theme is actually used in game.

I have a question and suggestion regarding the ingame music. I noticed that there are quite a lot of soundtracks from the Sea Dogs game, especially in English towns and taverns. My thought was, is there a way to replace those soundtracks with the ones from two great old pirate games: Cutthroats and Corsairs? I think it would change the atmosphere. I loved Sea Dogs, but sometimes when fighting or walking around town, I get the feeling that I'm playing Sea Dogs when that music starts :D

Here are the links:

but there a are a lot of them in the music folder, some of them I haven't even heard in the game still...
Which ones are you referring to? I do remember adding quite a few of additional tracks compared to the original game.
And some of the music files are for quest purposes, of course.

Which ones are you referring to? I do remember adding quite a few of additional tracks compared to the original game.
And some of the music files are for quest purposes, of course.

The problem is, there are a lof of the .ogg files and I don't know which ones are for battles, towns, taverns etc. (cause every nation has its own music?)

The problem is, there are a lof of the .ogg files and I don't know which ones are for battles, towns, taverns etc. (cause every nation has its own music?)
This post from above may be useful there:
Look in POTC-->PROGRAM-->SOUND-->ALIAS-->music_standard.c

I have never actually done this but........... Name your track and put it in the folder with the other sounds. Then in music_standard.c copy and paste the tmpref line and then change the title to your track. That should let it play. I hope.

Please note I just got up and am still working on me first proppa mug O java.

Ok, so now I have made the music files. With which tracks do you suggest me to replace these ones?
By editing the POTC-->PROGRAM-->SOUND-->ALIAS-->music_standard.c code file, you can add them and don't even need to replace anything at all.
Anyway, it is up to you to decide. It is for your own use, right?

Back