• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Adding ship and items

trampo

Powder Monkey
Sry for double post. I should have posted here first.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hey all.

I wish to mod this game a bit.

What should I type and where, to get me new ship like exemple queens anne revenge and some cool items at start?

I think it has something with charatcers ini or something idk.

Help pls :D

Tnx!!!!

:ahoy

You would be wanting to look around console.c to do what you want. I never use it so can not tell you how.

Yes I guess you can use console.c or StartStoryline.c for the quest you want to play.
Check that the switch( ) in the beginning is set to 0.

SHIP TYPE:
QAR looks like it's prepared already, just remove the // before it.
If you want another ship add a similar line.
SHIP LOCATION:
use something like: SetCharacterShipLocation(Pchar, "Redmond_port");

ITEMS:
Add lines like GiveItem2Character(PChar, "compass3");

If it doesn't work I'll help you.

Hmm when I added queens anne revenge on nataniel hawk story, When Malcolm come to me I cant move just left or right,and cant talk to him after he tells me to pick the items in cabin.

How to solve this????

Try deleting the "options" folder. When you start the game a new one will be created so you will have to reset all of the options to what you want.

Ok. one more thing after a voyage I pres F1 and go to options or something and then I cant get back in, cant go to resume or new game button. Is that normal??

Ok. one more thing after a voyage I pres F1 and go to options or something and then I cant get back in, cant go to resume or new game button. Is that normal??
Yes, that's an unfortunate side effect of changing the options at any time in mid-game. It's like that to prevent a worse bug from happening.
The best advice is to save the game before changing the options, and then load it again afterwards.

And where is the options folder??
It should actually be a file named 'options' in your main game folder.

I tried queen anne revenge and sword of triton skill, but is there a skill for greek fire couse I saw it in trailer, and also skill for diiving with flying dutchman???

Thanks for the correction Armada.

I just looked in POTC--->program--->controls--->defaultcontrols.h with notepad, and the only special controls I saw were "add, subtract, and multiply" for the steamship.

EDIT: Try going back to a save from before you land on that island and try again.

I tried cursed dutchman kraken works fine but when i submerge i cant see my ship, and when I go back to surface I lost my sails.

Yes I guess you can use console.c or StartStoryline.c for the quest you want to play.
Check that the switch( ) in the beginning is set to 0.

SHIP TYPE:
QAR looks like it's prepared already, just remove the // before it.
If you want another ship add a similar line.
SHIP LOCATION:
use something like: SetCharacterShipLocation(Pchar, "Redmond_port");

ITEMS:
Add lines like GiveItem2Character(PChar, "compass3");

If it doesn't work I'll help you.

can you still help me?
i don't seem to figure it out how the use this :(

// Give items
GiveItem2Character(Pchar, "blade18");GiveItem2Character(PChar, "compass3");GiveItem2Character(pchar, "spyglass4");
that's how i inserted it. the switch on top is 0 :

// Case 0 = Enable reload (useful when you get stuck on boarding) + Set player type (if you cannot move anymore)
switch(0) // Case 1 = Various test and cheat codes
{ // Case 2 = Location coordinate information
case 1: // Case 3 = Automatic instant cheats in port
// Case 4 = Instant teleport to Hendrick Vanderdecken

Back