• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Advanced Interface and Flags Code (and much more)

I haven't seen it before.. and I have no clue what convinces my one half of crewmen not to fight at all, even if they get attacked abd the other half likes it more to attack the other half than the enemy crew, which is working fine :D

Yuck. Fix one thing and ten more bugs appear. :modding

Of course the whole boarding code was rewritten and it is quite complex, so that definitely helps. NOT!!!

No, he didn't. He only ever tried it for the AoP 2 source code anyway.

Is that new? It IS weird! :shock

That sound effect depends on the difficulty level. You do get the sound on Apprentice and Journeyman, but not on Adventurer and Swashbuckler.

I just tested at Bonaire with a 24 hour wait and I got the sound just fine.
Where are you not getting it? Perhaps one of the dialog files isn't correct?

Cuba

I kept as much of Pirate_KK's changed models code as I could, but restored everything else to its Beta 2.5 state. See attached.
Not sure if this has any other unwanted side-effects though, so it needs to be tested.
Let me know if any model-related errors show up in the log files or if you see wrong-period soldiers or weapon-less characters that DO fight or anything similar.
Also, the tailor shops should work properly again. Let me know if they don't.

The armor code is back to Beta 2.5 state too. Eventually I'll try to fix up Pirate_KK's version of it.

Yep, I noticed it too. It *might* be related to the models issues. Extract attached to your main game folder, then start a new game. See if it behaves better then. :doff

Indeed it was Apprentice level.

Wher3e does the model fix go?

Which town? And which storyline?

Extract to your main game folder. Actually, try the attached one instead. I think I managed to fix the NEW version of the armor mod to work without problems.

I will try this one in the main game folder.

Tailor shop still broken?
As Pillat says, should be working normally again.
In fact, in my quick test, it seemed to be working BETTER than before because I didn't see those two Portuguese/American soldier models that were ALWAYS there.
Can anyone confirm that observation?

No, he didn't. He only ever tried it for the AoP 2 source code anyway.

Is that new? It IS weird! :shock

That sound effect depends on the difficulty level. You do get the sound on Apprentice and Journeyman, but not on Adventurer and Swashbuckler.

I just tested at Bonaire with a 24 hour wait and I got the sound just fine.
Where are you not getting it? Perhaps one of the dialog files isn't correct?

I am in Port Royal freezes every time. Did I miss a fix earlier?

When exactly does that happen? Is it freezing when you just walk around?
Do you get any crash error messages? Error logs? Anything?

I did get crashes in Tortuga which I suspect were due to the model code. I was hoping they'd be fixed with my latest two file versions...

Edit: LOL! Pillat beat me to the punch! :rofl

Pieter, my code in NK.c :
Code:
                gX =  0; gY = 52 - stf(rCharacter.ship.SubmergeDutchman); gZ = -2;
                CreateParticleSystemX("dutchman_emerge",fX - gX*cos(fAY) + gZ*sin(fAY), fY + gY, fZ + gX*sin(fAY) + gZ*cos(fAY), 0.0, 3.0, 0.0, 2);
                //PauseAllSounds(); // PB: Is this necessary?
                FadeOutMusic(100000);
                PlaystereoOGG("music_emerge_dutchman");
                rCharacter.ship.PlayedSplash = 1;

The PauseAllSounds is necessary. Otherwise the music don't stop AND even better, it won't start again after the fadeoutmusic time^^

EDIT: UUUUUUUUUHHH? It worked today morning, and now the music just plays along??? Sorry Pieter, the PauseAllSounds is not the problem....:modding

It freezes when I attempt to talk to the tailor. Sorry no error log and it has been so long since I did it I will need a reminder how to do it. I started a new game, but do I need to download any other fixes beside the last one?

Pieter: Tortuga works fine now. If we're already on Tortuga: did you know that you can get the aztec compass infinite often? :D

Will test Port Royale's tailor shop now.

My bug with the music refers to my added music, which I merged today with the new code... but I have no idea why..
The old tracks stop properly, the new ones don't -.-

Pieter: Tortuga works fine now.
No more crashes? Success at last! :dance

If we're already on Tortuga: did you know that you can get the aztec compass infinite often? :D
If you DON'T hire him, you mean? Indeed you're right. Fixed!

Will test Port Royale's tailor shop now.
Puerto Rico doesn't crash now. :no

In fact, in my quick test, it seemed to be working BETTER than before because I didn't see those two Portuguese/American soldier models that were ALWAYS there.
Can anyone confirm that observation?
Hum, no. Saw those bastardly Americans again. That was too much to wish for, of course. :facepalm

o_O It seems the boarding code messes up quite a lot of things:
- The mystery with the not fighting crewmen has a new hint: The more space the location have, the less non-fighting crewmen are there. E.g. on the ship-deck which is used by Pinnaces etc. was only one crewmember that didnt fight. In the cargo hold there were 5 or 6.
- The Backgroundmusic doesn't play anymore constantly, only if they surrendered, so its turned upside-down.
- If the captain spoke to me I ALWAYS have to execute the console to exit the cabin. Also the game seems to think that I'm still in fight here, because it runs the fighting-music.. When I execute the console, the music switches to normal sea.

EDIT: Ahh I got some error.logs :D
Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Loc_ai\LAi_events.c; line: 2447
no rAP data
invalid index -1 [size:900]
process event stack error

RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 720
Save - ARef to non existing attributes branch

RUNTIME ERROR - file: sea_ai\AIShip.c; line: 356
Using reference variable without initializing
no DST
process event stack error
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Loc_ai\LAi_events.c; line: 2296
missed attribute: name
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Loc_ai\LAi_events.c; line: 2296
no rAP data
RUNTIME ERROR - file: quests\quests.c; line: 433
invalid index -1 [size:2250]
RUNTIME ERROR - file: quests\quests.c; line: 433
function 'CharacterFromID' stack error

My full error.log has some duplicates, so I just copied them one time here. Its not in the chronologic order

Back