• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Advanced Interface and Flags Code (and much more)

Which one, or re download from the top post on this page?
You need the file I had posted on this page. I attached it to this thread's opening post instead now.

o_O It seems the boarding code messes up quite a lot of things:
- The mystery with the not fighting crewmen has a new hint: The more space the location have, the less non-fighting crewmen are there. E.g. on the ship-deck which is used by Pinnaces etc. was only one crewmember that didnt fight. In the cargo hold there were 5 or 6.
- The Backgroundmusic doesn't play anymore constantly, only if they surrendered, so its turned upside-down.
- If the captain spoke to me I ALWAYS have to execute the console to exit the cabin. Also the game seems to think that I'm still in fight here, because it runs the fighting-music.. When I execute the console, the music switches to normal sea.
Have you got any idea if it did that in WIP 13 or WIP 14 too? :modding

I can't say anything bout WIP13, I played it for like 10 minutes o_O . And in WIP14... hmm I think I grappled one or two ships.. I think that I haven't seen these non-fighting crewmembers before WIP15. I don't know about the captain, because the dialog didn't worked in WIP14, and I didn't try the fix because WIP15 was released before^^
I can't say anything bout the music, too, I noticed it first when I grappled the 3rd ship in a row :shrug Didn't pay attention for it in the last few WIP's

EDIT: If it helps: I have an WIP12 version still on my laptop.. so if you can upload WIP13 or WIP14 to the ftp again, I can test it :yes

All the WIPs are made to be installable on top of Beta 2.5 or any later version. :doff

Something is odd with Marigot. I could not find Philipsburg. Even though the Dutch and French are friendly I was being harrassed by Spanish ships and could not sail around the island to verify. I think I found a village where Philipsburg is supposed to be but it had no anchorage. :nerbz

Which time period are you in? There is some code in place to disable Philipsburg in "Early Explorers", but that code is disabled at the moment.

Indeed you're right. And when I go to sea from Philipsburg, I end up in Marigot town.

Can you double-check Nevis too? I swapped the code for Charlestown and the Pirate Settlement there.
Something similar may have happened. :facepalm

DAFUQ??? I completely undid all my town-swapping and it is STILL not working right.
Where do all these bizarre bugs even come from? It is not funny anymore! :ko

The period doesn't matter. Early Explorers or Napoleonic, Philipsburg just isn't there at sea.

Well, I did find a missed ";" that seemed to make some of the island/town generating code misbehave.
But that hasn't solved the problem either.

Edit: Seems to be a problem inherent in Pirate_KK's code base. One more for the list of "really annoying things to track down".
Does this never end? I mean.... REALLY?!? :modding :thumbsdown2 :boom:

I'm playing the Assassin period.

This sounds like you might get snockered tonight. :drunk

Neptune Green Rooster bier is Dutch and is pretty good, even if it is bright green.

I am playing main story line. Here is what I saw on St. Martin. The war is still on. Soldiers fighting it are in uniforms from the 1690s. Phillipsburg appears to be there but you can't sail to it. Inside Margot the soldiers are in the period correct uniforms. Every thing else seems to be working fine.

On Nevis: When you go to the pirate village and enter Blyth and Voisey are fighting when you command Blyth to stop and kill him you can have no conversation with Artois. And then my officers attack him he doesn't fight back but he is immortal.

Have you got any idea if it did that in WIP 13 or WIP 14 too? :modding
I'm not Pillat, but it's happening in both versions and it has also nothing to do with Iron Will or the weapons locker (you never know). I've noticed something different though, there are way more crewmembers on the boarding decks than in version 2.5, so I think that those lazy guys are normally some sort of "invisible" or deactivated when you're boarding a smaller ship.

Some screenies, the first two are from version 2.5, the last ones from WIP 14; looks similar on all the other decks:
beta-2-5-1.jpgbeta-2-5-2.jpg wip14-1.jpgwip14-2.jpg

I am playing main story line. Here is what I saw on St. Martin. The war is still on. Soldiers fighting it are in uniforms from the 1690s. Phillipsburg appears to be there but you can't sail to it. Inside Margot the soldiers are in the period correct uniforms. Every thing else seems to be working fine.
ALL of them in wrong-period outfits? Just put it on the to-do list. :facepalm

On Nevis: When you go to the pirate village and enter Blyth and Voisey are fighting when you command Blyth to stop and kill him you can have no conversation with Artois. And then my officers attack him he doesn't fight back but he is immortal.
I just saw that too and I think I know why. Pirate_KK removed some of the related code and he probably put it back somewhere else, but I didn't do it myself yet.
Shouldn't be too hard to fix.

I'm not Pillat, but it's happening in both versions and it has also nothing to do with Iron Will or the weapons locker (you never know). I've noticed something different though, there are way more crewmembers on the boarding decks than in version 2.5, so I think that those lazy guys are normally some sort of "invisible" or deactivated when you're boarding a smaller ship
Very interesting, thanks for that. Looks like I have to restore EVEN more Beta 2.5 code. :modding

I was on Marigot in the Assassin period (1665) and the soldiers did fight and were in the correct uniforms for that period.

The tailor shops I visited sell soldier uniforms from all periods it seems.

The tailor shops I visited sell soldier uniforms from all periods it seems.
That isn't very surprising; I don't think they care about the rewritten Periods code.
Originally we had prevented that by just not initializing those models at all outside their period, but that is no longer the case. :facepalm

A few additional observations.

I can confirm the boarding issues referred to earlier. Part of my crew won't fight even though they are armed from the weapons locker.

The street merchant characters on Nevis and Guadalupe are actually stacks of people. This is an old problem that probably goes back to when these islands were added.

I am sailing the light pinnance for the first time and it dwarfs the 6th rate frigate and the heavy brig in size. That doesn't seem right.

I know we have the merchants cash is all mixed together (money to buy cargo which was always huge, and money to weapons and items which varied was often very little. So far I have yet to run into merchant with < 4 or 5 million and on the older wealthier islands sometimes upwards of 40 million. This not a complaint just an observation. The rebalanced economy seems right, especially the prices for books which while they might be a little high, reflects their scarcity in time and place.

Books are more common in the game than ever before and other items seem scarcer, some rebalancing might be in order with that.

Higher level potions seem generally unavailable from merchants.

Finally there is an echo sometimes in the back ground sound.

Have we lost the pirate coast guard?

I am also not seeing any flags on the islands. Is that supposed to be happening?

:cheers

The street merchant characters on Nevis and Guadalupe are actually stacks of people. This is an old problem that probably goes back to when these islands were added.
Could you make a screenshot?

I know we have the merchants cash is all mixed together (money to buy cargo which was always huge, and money to weapons and items which varied was often very little. So far I have yet to run into merchant with < 4 or 5 million and on the older wealthier islands sometimes upwards of 40 million.
They use the TOWN gold now instead of their personal gold. Item traders do still use their own gold and therefore have much, much less.
I made this change as people were complaining they couldn't sell their stuff because traders didn't have the money to buy it.

Books are more common in the game than ever before and other items seem scarcer, some rebalancing might be in order with that.
If it works as intended, books are now buyable and random skill-enchancing items are not. I don't mind if they are fairly common, as long as they are expensive.
Or are you saying ALL the merchants have ALL the books or something? Perhaps you could do an experiment yourself? Find this code in PROGRAM\ITEMS\initItems.c:
Code:
  //------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  // BOOKS: added by Short Jack Gold
  //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  n = InitItem(n,"book1",  "",         13,  3,  0.10,  2,   2212, 0,   1, 0, 0,   0,  0,  0,  0,  0, +2,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1,  0,  0);// Black Bart's Bumper Book of Boarding
  n = InitItem(n,"book2",  "",         13,  4,  0.05,  3,   2310, 0,   1, 0, 0,   0,  0,  0, +1,  0,  0,  0,  0, +1,  0,  0,  1,  0,  0);// Boelen Algebra
  n = InitItem(n,"book9",  "",         13,  1,  0.25,  1,    100, 0,   1, 0, 0,   0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0, -1,  0,  0,  0,  0);// Cooking With Albatross - PB: Clue about "Dead Albatross" effect
  n = InitItem(n,"book10", "",         13, 13,  0.05,  2,   1240, 0,   1, 0, 1,   0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0, +1,  0,  0,  0,  1,  0,  0);// Definitive Defence
  n = InitItem(n,"book3",  "",         11, 15,  0.05,  3,   2360, 0,   1, 0, 0,   0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0, +1, +1,  0,  1,  0,  0);// Drow's Double Your Dubloons
  n = InitItem(n,"book11", "",         13, 11,  0.05,  8,   1830, 0,   1, 0, 1,   0,  0,  0,  0, +1,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1,  0,  0);// Fighting Forts
  n = InitItem(n,"book12", "",         13,  5,  0.10,  2,   1220, 0,   1, 0, 1,   0,  0,  0, +1,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1,  0,  0);// Great Gun Sights
  n = InitItem(n,"book13", "",         13,  6,  0.10,  1,   1108, 0,   1, 0, 1,  +1,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1,  0,  0);// Handy Sea Phrases
  n = InitItem(n,"book4",  "",         13, 14,  0.05,  3,   2310, 0,   1, 0, 0,   0,  0, +2,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1,  0,  0);// Hook's Book
  n = InitItem(n,"book14", "",         13,  8,  0.10,  1,   1105, 0,   1, 0, 1,   0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0, +1,  0,  0,  0,  1,  0,  0);// How to Repel Boarders
  n = InitItem(n,"book5",  "",         13, 15,  0.10,  2,   2215, 0,   1, 0, 0,   0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0, +1,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1,  0,  0);// Morgan's Missing Mizzen
  n = InitItem(n,"book6",  "",         13,  9,  0.10,  3,   2320, 0,   1, 0, 0,   0,  0,  0,  0, +1,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1,  0,  0);// Morgan's Mast Mashing
  n = InitItem(n,"book7",  "",         11, 14,  0.05,  9,   2975, 0,   1, 0, 0,  +1,  +1, 0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1,  0,  0);// Morgan's Almanac
  n = InitItem(n,"book8",  "",         13,  2,  0.10,  1,   2117, 0,   1, 0, 0,   0,  0, +1,  0,  0, +1,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1,  0,  0);// Pirating With Petros
  n = InitItem(n,"book15", "",         13, 12,  0.10,  3,   1306, 0,   1, 0, 1,   0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0, +1,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1,  0,  0);// Ship Repair Without Nails
Reduce the rarity value (the third number in each row). Press F11 to reinitialize and see how that looks.
I wouldn't mind some improved rarity values, but I don't have time to play with it myself; have worse problems to deal with right now. :facepalm

Higher level potions seem generally unavailable from merchants.
Only Bandages, Cauterization Kits and Antidotes are sold, because those are the only items that are realistic.
Potions and the like can be found at random, but should be very rare because they technically don't fit in a realistic game world.

Finally there is an echo sometimes in the back ground sound.
When does that happen? I know the "Make Sail" sound likes doing that because it plays it each time you press the buttons. So if you press twice to go from "no sail" to "full sail", you get it twice. :confused:

Have we lost the pirate coast guard.?
Yep. Seems weird to me to have pirates telling you that you CAN'T smuggle. o_O

That light pinnace is indeed huge. It is used in a quest as a light pinnace but I would prefer to replace it with the newer light pinnace and upgrade it to the standard pinnace, then make the other pinnaces all heavy pinnaces to reflect their huge size.

Back