• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships new install, help please?

Agamemnon74

Powder Monkey
Hello

I have just installed a new game (as above) from an unopened, sealed, new disc , original install with no mods, in Windows 8.1, to a folder outside programs, having heard it is adviseable to do this, but after installation is complete, when selecting 'play' (with disc in drive) from the desk top shortcut, a message appears saying 'please insert original DVD of Age of Pirates, City of Abandoned Ships'

System:
intel quad core processor 2.66Ghz
6 Gb RAM
GeForce GTX660 2Gb video card

If I select 'Play' from disc menu on screen , nothing happens at all.

Any ideas as to what has gone wrong ? I also tried installing to programs x86 no luck there either.

I am in New Zealand, the disc came from the U.S. are there 'region issues' ?

Any help would be appreciated as I want to install the mods over this game.

Many thanks for the links, the noDVD patch got it running .

:)

Hello

I have just installed a new game (as above) from an unopened, sealed, new disc , original install with no mods, in Windows 8.1, to a folder outside programs, having heard it is adviseable to do this, but after installation is complete, when selecting 'play' (with disc in drive) from the desk top shortcut, a message appears saying 'please insert original DVD of Age of Pirates, City of Abandoned Ships'

System:
intel quad core processor 2.66Ghz
6 Gb RAM
GeForce GTX660 2Gb video card

If I select 'Play' from disc menu on screen , nothing happens at all.

Any ideas as to what has gone wrong ? I also tried installing to programs x86 no luck there either.

I am in New Zealand, the disc came from the U.S. are there 'region issues' ?

Any help would be appreciated as I want to install the mods over this game.

One other question......the 'save' option is not active, the only save is at the point of boarding an enemy ship, is there a way to change this ?

I am running Win 8.1 64 bit .

There are two items you need before COAS will run well. Updated Tages drivers and the nodvd patch.

Install these and it should work fine. I presume you are using win 8.1 64 bit.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/AACfvIb57vVMlXHcrLXQGkIOa/COAS stuff/TagesSetup_x64.7z?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/AAABNMqFouLhYWkDj3Frzlema/COAS stuff/no dvd patch-aop2.7z?dl=0

The operating system has no effect on the game. You are playing vanilla COAS with no mods?

I have never played vanilla COAS but guess the save system is the same. I press "esc" then select "save" then select where to place the save in the menu. It always works.

If all you have is a save from a boarding action it means your auto save feature works.

i just got me a new computer tonight a Dell Intel Core i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Ram 120GB
Win 8.1
system 64 bit operating system x 64 bit based processor
disk space 862 of 919 GB
I just installed my original AoPCoAS and when I click on the desktop icon I get
"please insert original DVD of age of Pirates City of Abandoned Ships"
the original one is in there why cant it read and run it??

There are two items you need before COAS will run well. Updated Tages drivers and the nodvd patch.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/AACfvIb57vVMlXHcrLXQGkIOa/COAS stuff/TagesSetup_x64.7z?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/AAABNMqFouLhYWkDj3Frzlema/COAS stuff/no dvd patch-aop2.7z?dl=0
ever time I try doing it it asks me to open it up or save it when I open it up it asks me to chose a device to open it with and none of them work

Do not open them. Save them instead. Then unzip them.

The Tages doodad is an exe. After you unzip it kust click on it and it will self install.

The nodvd patch has a readme in there telling you to drop the dll into your working COAS install.

It really is that simple.

How do i work these in windows 8... i download them, what to do next? I don't see where to unzip them. I can only choose how to open them.

Drop the dvm.dll into your COAS folder where the engine.ini and start.exe are. It will work automatically.

Drop the Tages.exe into the same COAS folder and then click on it. That is it.

Hey Hylie Pistof, you wouldnt happen to know how to make the speed higher? my + and - buttons arent working... using "r" I can get a max of x2 even while 3rd person sailing.

My computer will not allow "no dvd patch" to download. Windows defender see it as malware known as VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.XZ

After doing some searching on the web it seems several legit games have a similar dll that Windows defender picks as this same malware. So I temporary turned Defender off, downloaded and installed dll, added the folder to Defender exclusions and turn it back on. Everything is happy again.

There is no virus in that patch. Many antivirus see that but it works fine. I have been using it for years on different systems and can see no problems. Your Antivirus is seeing the dll itself as a virus.

You have two choices. Continue placing your dvd in the drive when you want to play, or disable your antivirus when downloading the nodvd patch.

There is no virus in that patch. Many antivirus see that but it works fine. I have been using it for years on different systems and can see no problems. Your Antivirus is seeing the dll itself as a virus.

You have two choices. Continue placing your dvd in the drive when you want to play, or disable your antivirus when downloading the nodvd patch.
Do you know where I can install any patches?
I have version 1.0 and having sound problems

Back