• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Akellas 2 Other Pirate Game Details!

K

Keith

Firstly thanks to Skadogs heads up ;)

We now have info on the other 2 pirate games from akella, check the main page for the details.

http://www.piratesahoy.net

And if ya see him around give skadog a big pat on the back :gday

Keith, I think the next poll should be:

How many of you will go broke buying all of the Pirate Games coming out this year?

;)

The screenshots on both look awesome.

Aye, very impressive screenies,find'n de time tew play all dese games would be a problem :p: Its amazing their com'n out wid all these Pirate games, :p:

:p: Wow, very nice! :p: THANK YOU SKADOG, and thanks, Keith! xD: xD:

Might I also add: DROOOOL!!! (Grumblepunk will pass out when he sees these ships!)

:cheers I'm all over those ships in Swashbuckler's... Those paint schemes are proper paint schemes. More like the proper Nelsonian Chequer (Checker for us Americans). I'm going to keep a weather eye on this one. And all from Akella, what's up with that? They're competing with themselves?

Imagine these forums next year (assuming all these games keep to their schedules) they will be packed! :cheers

pfff it take's ANOTHER YEAR to come out :bow

i waited for sea dogs II almost 2 years for NOTHING :cheers

maybe this looks to akella a opertunity to make it up with us :cheers:

i hope we'll get more info soon :bow

Imagine these forums next year (assuming all these games keep to their schedules) they will be packed!  

Yeah, and to add to the list: :cheers

Keith and I will get no sleep

Keith and I will get no acknowledgement from our "significant others"

The local `7-11` will be robbed of all Cheetos and Mountain Dew as everyone around here will be playing at least 3 different pirate games at the SAME TIME!

By then we'll have a working Pirates Ahoy! Lobby and Gift Shop so you guys and gals can buy stuff through the site complete with a "I was the 1,000th member of Pirates Ahoy! and all I got was a special rank and this `t-shirt`!" for Meigger. :cheers

allright so let me get this straight: akella is coming out with three games? the sea dogs II/III (whichever you call it), this captain blood, and this swashbucklers legacy of drake? or is captain blood the sea dogs II/III?

<!--`QuoteBegin-Fred_Bob`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fred_Bob)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Thar be any way tew harnees a fo'um an' generate electricity?  :cheers[/quote]

Heh... Or scam some free advertising? :cheers

The screenshots are great :cheers I am just a bit concerned that those games haven't got some sort of role playing element in them.
They are all some kind of action games :cheers :bow

But we'll see!!! :dio

<!--`QuoteBegin-devildog`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(devildog)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->allright so let me get this straight: akella is coming out with three games? the sea dogs II/III (whichever you call it), this captain blood, and this swashbucklers legacy of drake? or is captain blood the sea dogs II/III?[/quote]

No, Captain Blood IS the game that Akella's `PR-guy` was talking about in his interview as "Seadogs meets LOTR". That's game №1. Game №2 is this Swashbucklers thing...And also there IS kind of "true Seadogs II" in development but at this moment only for the russian publishing. It is based on the same Storm 2 engine as POTC with slight changes (dynamic lightning, more polygons), but with completely new art and ship models. Also a new archipelago (real caribbean this time) and multiplayer included.
The working title for this one is Seadogs II: Captain Sharp's Children. But that may change since the copyright for Seadogs series belongs to Bethesda and they don't work with them anymore.

Ahh thanks seabro, that clears it up for me at least i wasnt sure how it was all panning out, Dunno why alexander never actually mentioned the title name properly before though. OK for the previous poll about which game is gonna get pushed back to 2005, we have a winner!

<!--`QuoteBegin-Spaz`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spaz)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->daamn skull ur sig just keeps gettin' bigger n bigger  :eek:ops[/quote]
Har! Spaz. bigger is better,I'm play'n aroun' wid paint shop pro,so me started wid me banner :cheers

Seabro actually mentioned a while ago that the elusive new title was based on Captain Blood's exploits... I don't know why he wastes his time informing you lot, in one ear and out the other, sheesh! :eek:ops

Dunno why alexander never actually mentioned the title name properly before though.

That's probably because at that moment he wasn't sure how exactly it's going to be entitled. Even this "Captain Blood" is kind of a working title. Also, remember that brief video? It shows how Blood is fighting english soldiers and then again you can see that on one of the screenshots. Something he'd never do according to the book. Well, that's because they only have models of english soldiers and pirates so far, so they had to use it to show some gameplay. If you notice they also show same ship everywhere and that's too due to the lack of other models. So you can imagine at what an early stage the development is. What seems strange to me is why on earth alex mentioned the name Seadogs there. That was very misleading indeed and even more so because from what I know about the gameplay -- it's nowhere near the Seadogs. The storyline is very linear, and it's going to be a mission after mission type of the game. Lots of videos, a lot of of melee combat...to me it seems more like an interactive movie than a game. There's one slight glimps of hope, though -- the game includes a powerful `built-in` editor. So you might wanna keep your modding community for a while :eek:ops

Ahh seabro, you always seem to be a wealkth of info in this stuff :cheers From what you say about it im not to sure wether to be happy or sad :eek:ops I quess ill have to wait a bit

Back