• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved All saves in Build 14 Beta 2.2

LordDrow

Pirate Geek Extraordinaire
Staff member
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
I've clean installed and started new games for every character in the game. Like others if I go into options menu, then come back out the Resume Game button in grayed out and I have to quit PotC and start again.

Also every save game I've created shows as CORRUPTED when I go to load it.

So game is totally unplayable except for a single sitting.

Is there a fix out there I've not yet found or am I the only person experiencing this bug?

Thanks!

I've clean installed and started new games for every character in the game. Like others if I go into options menu, then come back out the Resume Game button in grayed out and I have to quit PotC and start again.
That is, unfortunately, normal. Workaround: Save before going into the Options menu and Load it again afterwards.

Also every save game I've created shows as CORRUPTED when I go to load it.
That, very much, is NOT normal and is the first I heard about it. It's working perfectly fine for me and many other people. Could you try to reinstall? Or delete your "options" file? Or move the folder somewhere else? :facepalm

That is, unfortunately, normal. Workaround: Save before going into the Options menu and Load it again afterwards.

That, very much, is NOT normal and is the first I heard about it. It's working perfectly fine for me and many other people. Could you try to reinstall? Or delete your "options" file? Or move the folder somewhere else? :facepalm

I'm redownloading all the files now. Have stock version of game installed and will try again in an hour or two when it's all downloaded.

I will also enable all logging and if it happens again, send you the files to peruse.

Hopefully I'll have more info for you about this problem later today.

I'd be surprised if redownloading helps; after all, the installer file has a built-in error check to ensure that it hasn't become corrupted.
Still, it can't hurt and I really do hope you manage to get it working properly after all. :modding

This could be caused by having too many characters and games going at the same time. Try it with no more than 2-3 characters.

This was with a new game. 1 Profile, 1 character. Each time I would start a fresh char after deleting the 'Corrupted' save game.

So its always been with a SINGLE character.

Wish I could say I had a stack of chars and it was due to too much slag data just floating around. Sorry though, no dice.

Okay, after completely uninstalling all versions of PotC and other mods, then going through the registry and making sure all PotC declarations are deleted, restarting and installing everything AGAIN. It finally seems to be working.

I'll keep you informed if something else funny pops up.

Glad to hear you got that one sorted! Too bad we still don't know what causes it. :facepalm

Must say, I'm REALLY impressed with what has been done with build while I was away. Awesome work folks!

Okay, was away for about 2 weeks due to rearranging of the house. Living room is now a living room again and not an office, the office is now in one of the bedrooms and more crowded than before. But at least everything is done now.

As to the version I was using. At that time it was beta 2.2. I'm downloading beta 2.3 now.

I was actually asking what the PREVIOUS version was that you tried. Eg. how long ago did you last play the Build Mod?

One of the early build 14 betas. 1.7 or something like that. Its been awhile. Changes were REAL apparent as soon as I started the game.

Ah, I imagine they would be! Looking forward to hearing what you think! :dance

Back