• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Alt-tabbing

Green Jacket

Sailor Apprentice
I saw this somewhere else ages ago but I can't seem to find it now.

How to I readjust the setting so I can alt-tab in and out of the game without it getting stuck on a black screen?

depending on your screen resolution change the following lines in th engine.ini:

Code:
full_screen = 0            ; 1 = Fullscreen mode, 0 - Windowed mode
screen_x = 1600            ; Horizontal resolution
screen_y = 900            ; Vertical resolution

make sure the first one is 0 and change the x and y to your settings.

Ahh okay, so basically you have to put it in window mode?

How much does it effect game performance? (nto that i'm tech savy at all) :rolleyes:

As far as I'm aware, it doesn't influence performance at all. Only the brightness sliders in the game and such don't work in windowed mode.
But other than that, it is brilliant and I use it all the time.

:rofl Now that there is funny! Forgive me lord, but that there was funny. :rofl

Why so funny? :wp Never even thought my game might have been on the wrong resolution :cheeky Though I'm not used to the quick action buttons being soooo tiny!!

It's nice being able to set your own resolution instead of pre-defined ones, very few games cater for a resolution of 1280 x 1024 these days.

Last edited:
I wasn't being mean or anything. You just hit my funnybone. :cheeky

It is actually surprising how many are playing POTC at the default resolution and don't know they can fix it.

It is actually surprising how many are playing POTC at the default resolution and don't know they can fix it.
And there was me hoping that the installer EXE opening engine.ini for you might help people out there. :facepalm

When I have time to look at the installer I might be able to include a detection of screen resolution. If we include multiple ini files in the mod we can then install the right one ;).

Interesting. We'd need a LOT of engine.ini files then though.

Also would need to make some sort of a default choice on "fullscreen vs. windowed".
While I prefer windowed for pretty much all instances, fact is that the ingame brightness sliders and such won't work with it.

Back