• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

An alternate story of Bartolemeu that occured

Kharbydis

Powder Monkey
I tried this story, but it didn't end well for poor Bartolemeu and I encountered much misfortune on the way. I got to Martinque and traded the sandal for the silk, but on my way back I got caught in a storm and some silk fell overboard. The storm (as well as the fact that the rum fell overboard too) pissed the crew off, they mutinied, and me and my first mate were forced to kill them all. When I got back to the smuggler's town, Marin would not talk with me, so I figured it was because I lost the silk. So I set out to buy silk from a store somewhere. Unfortunately, another storm hit and my bark capsized. So I sailed the longboat to the nearest town, where moneyless I tried to raise funds for another ship by pickpocketing. I was caught and killed. And so ended the misfortune filled short career of Bartolemeu o Portugues.

Oh well. Time to start over.

There IS some code in place to prevent quest cargo from falling overboard in storms because of this very reason.
However, the Bartolomeu cargo isn't registered as quest cargo because it lacks the code that's used for the random "cargo haul" quests.
Should be possible to add this though.

wow. never have i seen such a mountain of POTC fail in my life. xD:

I had a great success in my first POTC game ever: I played as Jack Sparrow but managed to break the quest somehow (I'm good at doing that apparently, I believe it was due to a bad save that time) and so with no way to follow the story I joined the royal navy : Meet Rear Admiral Jack Sparrow, Captain of the captured dutch first rate sotl HMS Vigilant.

Don't you just love being able to not have to follow the story and do what you wish? :cheeky

Don't you just love being able to not have to follow the story and do what you wish? :cheeky

Yep. Few games allow freedom, and this one allows almost complete freedom, the only restrictions are the boundaries of realism. And who wants to have unrealistic sailing anyways? I recently found out about this game, before I found build mod I figured there were no realistic sailing games, and settled for potbs. After playing this game for only a short while I doubt i'll ever start up potbs again, especially since it looks like many of the ships form that game, including one of my favorites, "La Belle", will soon be in this one.

Stories are good too, along with free play, congrats whoever made Bart's story line, now that I've actually played it through some it's great.

Bartolomeu o Portugues made that storyline, as well as the Assassin one that is basically equally good. :cheeky

Back