• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Angelique Moulin confusion

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I know that a lot of work has been done regarding the item you can find after helping Angelique Moulin's father in the Early Explorers period. Well, it seems to be incomplete.

I completed the quest and then went looking for that item. The quest book is confusing. I sailed to Antigua and could not land at Muscetto Cove, so sailed to Isla Juana. That is a big place with lots of beaches to explore plus lots of jungle to explore also. I have been unsuccessful so far and am ready to cheat in an attempt to find it. Some sort of hint would be helpful.

POTC4 2015-12-03 12-19-05-74.jpg

In the early explorers period the island you go to is cuba.

It looks like the code for selecting the special entry for the quest book in the early explorers period is not stopping the entry for the other periods from appearing. :modding

In the other periods - the quest book text is :-

text.t7=The journal François Moulin gave me is a very interesting read, even though most of it can't be made out. I think the island mentioned might be #sisland_Antigua#. I should go there once and try to find that mysterious hidden item.

In Early explorers it is:-

text.t10=The journal François Moulin gave me is a very interesting read, even though most of it can't be made out. I think the island mentioned might be #sisland_Cuba#. I should go there once and try to find that mysterious hidden item.

From the walkthrough on the Wiki:-

If you are playing this quest in the Early Explorers period (from Beta 4) then sail to Cuba instead of Antigua:-

Sail to Cuba – Land at Punta de Maisi – follow directions in journal in quest items – at 2nd crossroads walk around on the grass on the right hand (far ) side of the path going left, - until you talk to yourself - item is near the far end - (don’t go to next jungle section ) - get item ( UNIQUE SWORD ) – quest book update

I thought the Early Explorers Quest book entry gave the beach name - obviously not :facepalm

:drunk

You're getting BOTH entries? That's a bit much!
Should hopefully be easily fixed once I or @Grey Roger gets to look at it next week.

The problem is in "PROGRAM\QUESTS\quests_side.c". At case "lesdeuxchoses":
Code:
       AddQuestRecord("Moulin", 7);                   <-- Delete this here line, it's giving you an extra copy of line 7 in all periods
       GiveItem2Character(pchar, "jewelry2");
       if (GetCurrentPeriod() == PERIOD_EARLY_EXPLORERS)
         {
         GiveItem2Character(pchar, "old_journal2");
         AddQuestRecord("Moulin", 10);
         }
       else
         {
         AddQuestRecord("Moulin", 7);
         GiveItem2Character(pchar, "old_journal");
         }
Sorry for not spotting that when I tested it! Thanks, @Hylie Pistof, for finding it for me. :onya

Neither version of the questbook entry names the beach. I merely copied line 7 and replaced the island name for the "Early Explorers" version on line 10. This is "Early Explorers", so do some exploring. xD

Neither version of the questbook entry names the beach. I merely copied line 7 and replaced the island name for the "Early Explorers" version on line 10. This is "Early Explorers", so do some exploring. xD

Until I do find it there is uncertainty that it is in the same location as in Antigua. I have not gotten that far in this game yet.

Until I do find it there is uncertainty that it is in the same location as in Antigua. I have not gotten that far in this game yet.
If I recall, @Grey Roger deliberately selected a location that uses the same model.
So it should be in the same spot, just on another island.

I got lucky. I'd picked Cuba because it seemed suitable after I'd looked at a map of Columbus' early voyage, then checked the various beaches and found that one led to a piece of jungle similar to the one on Antigua. So yes, the sword should be at the same place within that location.

I finally made it to that location and found the item. :treasure:

It turns out I had been there before two times, but I came from the land side and decided that could not be the beach. It is right next to Havana and yet on the map it is right next to Santiago.

I missed the exact location because I did not recognize it since I was coming from a different direction and it now has stuff growing all over it.

Back