• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Anheuser-Busch InBev Ditching Budweiser Clydesdales!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
I don't drink beer, but I have always loved the Budweiser Clydesdales! They have been a holiday advertising icon and an integral part of opening day at Busch Stadium for decades! Last year I got the chance to see them in person, apparently for the last time, when they made a tour of some of the towns in Central IL. They are magnificent animals, and it is a shame to see them go.

There has been no word as to when they will be officially retired, or what the fate of the animals or breeding programs at their home at Grants Farm will be. When Anheuser-Busch was sold to InBev a few years ago, I knew it was only a matter of time before things like this started happening. I am sure it wont be long before the free Brewery tours and many other A-B sponsored events around St. Louis start disappearing as well.

WOT!!!!

Those Clydesdales have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. They used to make commercials featuring them that were pretty succesful as I recall. I don't much like their beer, never did, but do like those horses.

I forgot to add a link to the original Fortune article ...apparently Jay-Z is more appealing. :facepalm

HERE is a link to the STL Post Dispatch article too.

Back