• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Notice Announcement of a new patch and update of the Storm Engine for the game

Ooh! What does a new engine do? Oh and Happy New Year!
Well, I can point one thing out on what an old game engine does. Old game engines have a lot of limitations when running them on newer computers. E.G. Game will not work unless run on 'Compatibility Mode' and so forth.

So eliminating those limitations by updating it would be great. :)

I hope all those new changes will solve the problems of the game and make it more attractive to new players.:pirates

Anyway, taking into account the previous announcements, it will still take some time to arrive ... maybe in the spring?:wp

In the next maj have will finally be able to translate the game in full.

Unfortunately, I don't think they will translate the game into the same languages as CoaS.:rumgone

There is only the possibility of translating the game by the users and I believe that it is a titanic task.:type1

Yes, there is a lot of line but hey I think aps that we have too much choice if we want to have it in our language.

No matter what, I hope this patch compatible with Hook's mod and Cheat-menu.
I don't know Slavic language but looks like some players in Steam forum didn't very appreciate the news..

No matter what, I hope this patch compatible with Hook's mod and Cheat-menu.
I don't know Slavic language but looks like some players in Steam forum didn't very appreciate the news..

It is possible that it is not and we will have to update our mods to that new version.

About the Russian community and the game I imagine that there will be disparity of opinions, it's one thing I don't fully understand.

I don't see what they can actually do to update the Engine, when @ChezJfrey built Maelstrom engine which is 100% free of bugs and very stable, it never crashed to me. They should've taken Maelstrom and implemented all it's juice.

I don't see what they can actually do to update the Engine, when @ChezJfrey built Maelstrom engine which is 100% free of bugs and very stable, it never crashed to me. They should've taken Maelstrom and implemented all it's juice.
I never quite understood "translation"...you mean there are certain dialogues in russian? If so, I have never seen it

I never quite understood "translation"...you mean there are certain dialogues in russian? If so, I have never seen it

There are some Russian texts that are coded in the game, they have not been translated from Russian to English and that's why they come out like that.

There are some dialogues and especially quite a few screen pops.

Maybe they managed to put the engine in multi-core and that suddenly we have to update the whole game. I'm dreaming a little too much, I think.

You have to understand that Jeffrey who built Maelstrom engine is the one of rare people who have the source code of the engine, that's why he was able to build his own modules and to port the Engine to 64 bit. I hardly believe their patch will make any difference, because they haven't fixed the most simple bugs that could be traced if you use the engine's logging mechanism.

You have to understand that Jeffrey who built Maelstrom engine is the one of rare people who have the source code of the engine, that's why he was able to build his own modules and to port the Engine to 64 bit. I hardly believe their patch will make any difference, because they haven't fixed the most simple bugs that could be traced if you use the engine's logging mechanism.
i see

Back