• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Anyone know where the animation files are defined?

'eres a random quote from Ben Folds: “There are fringe people and there are fringe people, and the truly fringe people are the ones where you open a phone book and you put your finger down, and there's someone's name, and you call 'em up, and they're f***ing weird.”
- Ben Folds
:shock: haha!

Ha! It works! :woot

I got my main character to use the same model as Danielle and use the woman animation files so there aren't any weird claw like appendages sticking out from the characters arm! Sweet! :shock:

Good on you, matey! :cheers :cheers :cheers

I'm not sure why the modders hadn't changed it so you could be Danielle at the start of the game (or change to her later), but I guess it has something to do with the *difference* of the code - it would have to be `hard-coded` instead of just a small additional change in the script.

Ben Folds? Cool! :D

Never change the main char's ID. That can screw up the main quest.
The only advantage to changing mchar's ID is that it lets mchar be addressed as Ma'am rather than sir...but that can be done with a text edit.

Otherwise, you're in fine shape.

Note that if you grab v11, you can change models on the fly. Well, you could in 10.2, but now it's easier. 8)

The problems with using a female model are twofold.

First, all but Danielle female models lack certain locators (some lack both sword and pistol, some lack only the latter). However, as you're using Danielle, that doesn't apply.

Second, the "woman" animation lacks a sitting animation. You disappear if you sit down (as you at various points in quests).

Well, three, it gets weird being addressed as sir or monsieur or senor...

If you're willing to live with these difficulties, then all you need to do is either do as above (but don't change the ID!) and start a new game or grab v11 and add--
Shoot, I forgot all about this Grab v11. It's included there, in the Tailors Mod!
(Heh, was gonna suggest adding it to tailors mod, forgetting it's already there)

Back