• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

AOP Question

What also bugs me is that you cant do backup copies of alot of new games today, so what you supposed to do when the disc gets scratched or busted up? BUY a new copy for the full price? thats just insane.

A few things developers and distributors don't get - a average pirate will probably not be able to fire up a SF game, after that he sure won't go buy the game. The newbie pirates are people who recently started to download things they usualy paid for, now the newbie pirates are like 10-20% of the pirates(well beats me how much they are actualy but they aren't alot), the average user that buys everything hower is starting to NOT BUY anything that can damage his PC(and in the last few months this is starting to be shown alot), how much do you think are the average people that don't know alot about PCs, you probably know that but the guys from tech support know it best. Like Stardock said, we(developers) preffer to not have any protection(exept serial) and let all the average users buy our game rather than don't let a few pirates to start it and let all the average users go buy some other game.

A.K.A. StarForce sux becouse all it does is install crappy drivers on your PC and say "hey i'm the best protection system" - since its the best how come every game that is SF protected has been pirated and is playable? Aren't protection systems supossed to not let the pirate play the game?

And SF won't give you better sales thats for sure.

The more I read about starforce, the less I like it and the less sure I am I'll buy this game, even though I've been waiting ever since December 2000 for Sea Dogs 2. Unless Akella provides me with a patch to remove this malware from my system upon proof of the legality of my copy of the game, I will not buy it.

chepati

chepati, just wait for a few reviews, i should have my copy by the end of the month so ill fill you in on how much trouble it is

Back