• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Assassin Main Quest

I'm sorry... the pre-set nationality thing is just something I have done; you don't need to worry about that.
I also enabled pre-set player type, so that Hornblower now shows as Military and not Merchant in Select Storyline.
Does anyone know if that player type is actualy used at all? I don't think it is anymore. :wacko:

If you used the DeadGeneral method, possibly COL-files could be made that apply to the fort too.
If so, they would be lighted properly, instead of glow-in-the-dark.

I'm sorry... the pre-set nationality thing is just something I have done; you don't need to worry about that.
Why I should be worried if even with the pre-set nationality mod we can still choose the Portuguese nationality for Bartolomeu ? :cheeky
If you used the DeadGeneral method, possibly COL-files could be made that apply to the fort too.
If so, they would be lighted properly, instead of glow-in-the-dark.
Well, maybe we could see this problem when I finish the 5th quest because I know nothing about these Col-files...

Why I should be worried if even with the pre-set nationality mod we can still choose the Portuguese nationality for Bartolomeu ? :cheeky
You shouldn't be worried about it, since it's totally harmless. ;)
The pre-set nationality for Bartolomeu IS Portugal, of course:
Code:
	sl.(sn).start.location = "Hispaniola_port";
sl.(sn).start.port = "Hispaniola_port";
sl.(sn).start.model = "GypsyCaptn_2";
sl.(sn).start.name = "Bartolomeu";
sl.(sn).start.lastname = "o Portugues";
sl.(sn).start.nation = PORTUGAL; // PB
sl.(sn).start.playertype = PLAYER_TYPE_SOCIAL_CLIMBER; // PB
sl.(sn).start.Flags.Pirate = 1; // KK
sl.(sn).start.Flags.Personal = 0; // KK
sl.(sn).start.date.hour = 10;
sl.(sn).start.date.min = 24;
sl.(sn).start.date.sec = 42;
sl.(sn).start.date.day = 15;
sl.(sn).start.date.month = 4;
sl.(sn).start.date.year = 1660;
But you can still choose whatever you want anyway; it's just the default. :shrug

DON'T go crazy! Pretty please... :shock
In case you're interested, these are the defaults I have for Assasin:
Code:
	sl.(sn).start.nation = HOLLAND;
sl.(sn).start.playertype = PLAYER_TYPE_ADVENTURER;
I'm thinking we could also pre-set the difficulty level if we want
to make certain storylines harder than others on the default settings.
Would there be any point in doing that?

I have finally tested your latest Assassin quest update; seems to work fine. And it's pretty cool too. :onya
Due to lack of time, I did a lot of console-teleports, rather than actual sailing.
And I skipped searching for Roche's ship, because I couldn't be bothered checking all islands.
But judging by the code, that should work too. :yes

DON'T go crazy! Pretty please... :shock
In case you're interested, these are the defaults I have for Assasin:
Code:
	sl.(sn).start.nation = HOLLAND;
sl.(sn).start.playertype = PLAYER_TYPE_ADVENTURER;
I'm thinking we could also pre-set the difficulty level if we want
to make certain storylines harder than others on the default settings.
Would there be any point in doing that?
For me, you can use the hardest difficulty level for my main quests :cheeky .. and alright for the default settings for Assassin

I have finally tested your latest Assassin quest update; seems to work fine. And it's pretty cool too. :onya
Due to lack of time, I did a lot of console-teleports, rather than actual sailing.
And I skipped searching for Roche's ship, because I couldn't be bothered checking all islands.
But judging by the code, that should work too. :yes
And I still need to include the work of Damski62 and SuperDurnius when finished :dance

Otherwise, did you fix the reload errors on Turks and the useless store in the Antigua outskirts ??

I think of using the Arawak Camp in Aruba in the 6th quest BUT I found many errors at the moment there.

-Two characters are using the same locator and one of them uses a bad animation model.
-All the characters are immobile and don't talk.
-For the background camp a texture is missing..
Try to fix that Pieter. It's the kind of thing that delays my work on the quests :modding

btw : Here are a screenshot of the 5th quest + a fix for a reload error on Cozumel...

Right now I'm a bit occupied with uploading Alpha 9.5 Patch 3 and preparations for going on holiday.
Hopefully I will have time to look at this in about one and a half week time.
I'm sorry I won't be able to be of much use until that time. I haven't yet looked into those other issues either.
I've been hard at work at those pennants (thankfully finished now). :eek:ops2

Well, I've almost finished the 5th Quest (only need to write the quest_texts) and started the 6th quest.

Here are two screenshots from the 6 th quest....

Before the Spaniards enter the town, there will be a big fight between them and the Dutch. My idea is to associate the Arawaks to the Spaniards so that they attack the Dutch by the rear. (I will test soon a new weapon for the indians).

Due to the holydays, I didn't work on the Assassin Main Quest this last week :facepalm
I wasted my time on the beach and swimming pool :shock but these last days were so hot :d:
Anyway, I will finish my work on this main quest and the Bartolomeu one. The only difference is the work will be finished in October instead of September..

Back