• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Assassin Main Quest

There was a wrong locator file at some point, which would've resulted in you ending up in a spot way outside the walk patch
upon exiting the cave, but I've fixed that bug quite a while ago. Should be in all latest Patch-files.
Alright, that was the bug but it seems you've already fixed it.
By the way, Thanks Pieter and Captain Maggee to have fixed all the bugs this afternoon.. :doff
About the cannonl.gm in my patch, don't install it seeing it doesn't use the deck.tga. :no

btw : And I need your opinion about this quest in order to improve it if necessary :doff

I'll playtest your quest tomorrow; I've done enough modding for today.
Spent all my day finishing mods and fixing problems. :facepalm

What's wrong with cannonl.gm? The one currently in my AMMO folder seems pretty good to me. :cheeky

The cannonl.gm in my patch uses deIB.tga if I remember, that's why I told you not to install my version of this cannon.

Nothing wrong with that. I've put Thomas' new deck.tga.tx file with the wheels textured on it in the AMMO folder now,
but your cannons with modeled wheels shouldn't use that, but deIB.tga.tx instead. So that's good. :onya

So I'm testing the "Guns of Mona" quest now and have run into some things I feel need to be changed:

- The Period Relationd mod currently sets France and England to be friendly; apparently that is historically correct

- When battling 'La Joyeuse' the first time, Chico Cois died in the boarding.
That might mess up the quest at a later time.

- It seems Guadeloupe is REALLY close to Martinique and DirectSail keeps wanting to transfer to the next island.
During my second attempt at the battle, 'La Joyeuse' surrendered and I was immediately DirectSail-ed to Martinique.
That resulted in the ship disappearing from Guadeloupe, without the captain dying. Result: quest ends.

My suggestion would be to move the fight with 'La Joyeuse' elsewhere and possibly make her of another nationality too.
How about Portuguese? Portugal is now at war with England in the Spanish Main period.
Also, maybe set her to never surrender?

How about Portuguese? Portugal is now at war with England in the Spanish Main period.
This is the kind of thing I want to talk :rolleyes:

I would like you change some relations in my main quests :

Bartolomeu Main Quest :

Portugal-England (Friend)

Assassin Main Quest :

Spain-France (Friend)
Portugal-England (Friend)
England-France (Enemy if possible because of the 5th quest)

+ during the Alliance quest when the player finds the document in the French Townhall, the relation France-Portugal becomes friend. If you want you can put the code in case :"findoc" from the quests_reaction.c

Ok; I have made the necessary changes now, including making Chico Cois immortal.
He died again, so now I'm stuck in the story. Agh! :facepalm

I liked the battle in the restricted waterways of Cozumel; that was interesting.
Especially with the enemy captain bumping into everything. :rofl
Strangely enough, the French ship was having some trouble being hostile to me.
I had to raise a pirate flag to initiate the battle.
I'm hoping the relation-changes will have fixes this now.

Also, for whatever reason, Jeremy Tripper seems to REALLY like my personal flag.
When he joined my fleet, he raised my personal flag and never took it down again,
even though I raised English colours right after.
That's a bit odd... usually companions should follow the example of the main character. :wacko:

As per your request, I set the default difficulty level higher on your storylines,
but now I'm finding boardings REALLY hard and all my crew die all the time
(I use godmode on myself for testing purposes).

As per your request, I set the default difficulty level higher on your storylines,
but now I'm finding boardings REALLY hard and all my crew die all the time
(I use godmode on myself for testing purposes).
It's hard because you don't play the entire main quest. So, your character has the skills very low :razz

About the Admiral residence in Antigua, I noted sometimes that some thieves were attacking me :facepalm

It's hard because you don't play the entire main quest. So, your character has the skills very low :razz
True. But even then, it's hard. Of course I'm not playing it properly; I try to do it quickly so I can test if it works.
This time I got killed on Isla Mona when trying to reach the fort. :whipa
One positive thing: it seems that in that instance, the camouflage outfit did work properly. :yes

About the Admiral residence in Antigua, I noted sometimes that some thieves were attacking me :facepalm
INSIDE the mansion??? :shock

I have finished the last part of the quest now; seems pretty cool to me.
I like the part on Isla Mona especially; looks pretty with the Lagoon mod. :wub

What exactly do you have a problem with that you'd want to improve on?
Maybe extend the part with Cozumel a bit so there's a follow-up to that story to evict the French?
Or have a follow-up to the "English episode" after the cannons have been destroyed.
For example, the player making use of his knowledge of the French presence on Cozumel to evict the British from Isla Mona?
Or something like that anyway. :facepalm

I'm going to think about your ideas this week-end.. This quest needs to be improved a bit. :?
Monday, maybe I'll have a solution..

Maybe extend the part with Cozumel a bit so there's a follow-up to that story to evict the French?
I was thinking of putting a big naval battle off Cozumel between the French and the English (but after meeting Vice-Admiral Benavides at the end of the quest). The idea would be to take advantage of the battle to capture a big ship (I still don't know if French or English. By the way, is Soleil Royal will be used in another quest ? If not it could be a good prize for the Spaniards..)

SoleilRoyal is not used in any quests and nobody is planning on using her either.
She's not 100% compatible with PotC yet though; many of the ropes are missing and she doesn't have pennants properly.
I'm trying to convince somebody to fix her up, so far, no takers. :modding

True. We need an actual ship modeler to fix her up.
I asked red10october (who made her) and ZarethPL, but have had no reply from either yet.
ZarethPL did read my message though.

It would be great if I can use Soleil Royal in the quest. Certainly, Vice-Admiral Benavides will be happy to note that his best mercenary has captured this ship :cheeky

Back