• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Assassin Main Quest

Well, you CAN use her. We'll just have to hope we can convince someone to fix her up properly one day. :facepalm

Alright so I'll do it :doff

Just need to create a big naval battle between French and English.. By the way, how many ships I should put in this battle ? :rolleyes: 20 ships is too much, isn't it ?

Actually, I *think* you can sometimes randomly encounter bigger battles than that.
Just try some numbers and when performance gets too crappy, you can always reduce. :razz

You can encounter battles of 12 ships quite often...

You/Companions
Full Pirate/Nation
Full Nation/Pirate

There's a whole bunch in the Development Resources download.
There's probably some in SuperDurnius' folder: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/SuperDurnius/

About SuperDurnius, I'll need to know which characters I can use for my quests.. :?

Otherwise, I'll check the Development Resources file.. :)

Pieter, I'm in a cybercafe at the moment, can you give me the link to the Development Resources file so that I can download it...

Here you go: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/build/Build%2014%20Alpha%2010%20WIP/development_resources.exe

To Pieter :

I'm working on the naval battle for the 5 th quest. So, next week I'll send you a small update. About the 6 th quest, not sure I'll have time to finish it for your Alpha 10 :? Not enough time for that this month...

Otherwise, tomorrow or Saturday I'll post the scenarios for the last quest of the Assassin Main Quest and also for the Bartolomeu Main Quest.. I want you and other people can give some suggestions about the scenarios... :rolleyes:

As I said yesterday, here are the scenarios :

The last quest of the ASSASSIN MAIN QUEST (7 th quest).

Bartolomeu’s trap :

Start : Vice-Admiral Benavides’ Residence.

Mission : Kill Bartolomeu o Portugues.

- meet Nicholas Butcher (the mercenary who helped you for the Roche Brasiliano’s mission) at San Juan in order to be your partner in this mission.
- go to the Nevis Pirate settlement to meet an informer (He’s a former friend of Nathaniel Hawks).
- There, you learn Bartolomeu must be in São Jorge working again for the governor…
- You find him there but he’s too protected by the authorities (many soldiers are always with him).
- You prepare a plan to capture him on his ship but you learn is weighing anchor.
- You decide to attack his ship (the ‘Santiago’) off Concepcion .
- You capture the ship but Bartolomeu is not inside. Emilio Soares, his officer, commands the ship. He tells you that his captain left the island on another ship (The Governor lent him a Portuguese Fast Navy Ship).
- You arrest Emilio Soares because he doesn’t want to tell you where Bartolomeu is going..
- You return to Havana and Emilio is locked up in the jail.
- Vice-Admiral Benavides tells you maybe there is another solution to capture Bartolomeu. He knows Roxanne Lalliere is his best friend. In order to capture him he orders you to arrest Roxanne. He thinks he‘ll try to release her and he’ll be trapped…
- According to the Spanish spies, she must be in Alice town working for its governor.
- Vice-Admiral Benavides advises you to see the governor of Eleuthera town before trying to capture her.
- You go there, meet the governor and with the help of Butcher capture her in Alice town and take her to Eleuthera town.
- The governor of Eleuthera town advises you to locked up Roxanne Lalliere in the fort and not in the town prison for more security. She’s locked up in a prison below the fort.
- You order Butcher to return to Havana and inform Vice-Admiral Benavides of the Roxanne’s arrest. Vice-Admiral Benavides must send Enrique Padilla and his men to prepare the trap for Bartolomeu.
- While you wait for the arrival of them, one night, you go to the fort checking that everything is all right. But, you find the soldiers dead. You enter the fort’s prison and see Bartolomeu releasing Roxanne..
- Bartolomeu knows your situation and tries to persuade you to stop working for the Spaniards..
- Here you have two options :

(a) You agree to be his partner and leave the Spanish service.
(b) You refuse his suggestion.

(a) First, you recover your ship. (btw : I still don’t know if the player will have to kill his officer ,Chico Cois , for that).
You and Bartolomeu decide to go to Havana in order to release Emilio Soares and kill Vice-Admiral Benavides.
During the night, you enter the Havana Prison, kill the guards with the help of Bartolomeu disguised in Spanish officer, release Emilio Soares and put down a fougasse (a kind of Mine) in the Benavides’ residence.
In the morning, hidden near the Benavides’ residence, you witness the explosion of the residence when Vice-Admiral Benavides and his guards enter into.
You leave Cuba and go to Port Royal. There, you let Bartolomeu, Emilio Soares and Roxanne Lalliere (with the possibility of making expeditions with them later). END

(b) You kill him in a duel and short after Enrique Padilla and his men arrive.
You return to Havana with Roxanne Lalliere. She and Emilio Soares are executed. Vice-Admiral Benavides gives you an important reward. END

The last quest of the BARTOLOMEU MAIN QUEST.

The Hunter :

- Serafino Masarenhas, the envoy of the Portuguese Governor, meets you at Speightstown. The Portuguese Governor wants to see you.
- You go to São Jorge and meet the Governor.
- The Governor gives you a mission. You have to lead a group of soldiers, find and kill the Spanish Captain Arturo Campos. He killed the Governor’s brother during a boarding.
- The Governor lends you a Portuguese Fast Navy Ship. He tells you that Campos must patrol around Tortuga and San Salvador.
- You find and sink his ship off San Salvador but he’s not there. You land on the island and find him in the jungle. Fight between the Portuguese soldiers you command and the soldiers of Campos. You kill Campos.
- You return to São Jorge. The governor congratulates you but he tells you that Emilio Soares has been kidnapped by a mercenary working for the Spaniards off Concepcion. However, the mercenary (Johan Elting) has let the ‘Santiago’ returning to São Jorge.
- You decide to find the mercenary but you need some information about him.
- The Governor tells you there is a Spaniard working for him as informer. Thanks to him, the Governor knew that was Campos who killed his brother.
- You meet this informer at San Juan.
- The informer tells you Nicholas Butcher was in the town waiting for Elting : both working for Vice-Admiral Benavides. Their mission was to find Bartolomeu. However, the informer doesn’t know where those men can be now.
- He explains they will ask the Bartolomeu’s friends about his present whereabouts.
- Seeing Roxanne Lallière is your best friend, you worry about her life.
- You decide to warn Roxanne about the danger.
- You know she works for the Governor of Martinique. So, you go there.
- You meet the French Governor but he tells you she’s in Alice town for a mission. You go there...
- When you enter the Alice town tavern, an officer of Roxanne recognizes you.
- He informs you that Roxanne was kidnapped by a small group of men and took to the jungle.
- This officer explains he was with Roxanne during the fight and was stunned. He noted some kidnappers had a Spanish accent.
- The officer was preparing with the crewmembers the search of their captain. But, you explain from now on you’ll deal with this search.
- You think Elting is one of the kidnappers and must be in Eleuthera town with Roxanne. You go there..
- You enter Eleuthera disguised in Spanish officer at night. Your plan is to question its Governor to know where Roxanne and the mercenaries are.
- You enter the Governor’s residence by a windows on the roof.(video)
- You surprise the governor and learn Roxanne is in the fort jail and not in the town.
- You stun the governor and decide to free Roxanne.
- To avoid the soldiers guarding the fort path and surprise the soldiers inside the fort, you’ll climb the cliff below the fort (video)
- To open the jail, you have to find and kill the Captain of the fort because he has got the jail keys…
- With the keys you open the jail below the fort and talk to Roxanne.
- But Johan Elting appears. A dialogue starts. You have two options :

(a) challenge Elting in a duel and kill him.
(b) Persuade Elting to be your partner and leave the Spanish service.

(a) you kill Elting. On the way back to your ship, you and Roxanne meet Enrique Padilla and his men. You kill them..
- You and Roxanne go to Havana to free Emilio Soares.
- During the night, you enter the Havana Prison disguised in Spanish officer, kill the guards with the help of Roxanne and release Emilio Soares.
- You leave Cuba and at Port Royal, after a small discussion, Roxanne returns working for the governor of Martinique. END

(b) You, Elting and Roxanne decide to go to Havana in order to release Emilio Soares and kill Vice-Admiral Benavides.
During the night, you enter the Havana Prison disguised in Spanish officer, kill the guards with the help of Elting and release Emilio Soares.
While Emilio Soares rejoins Roxanne waiting for you at Bahia de San Antonio, you accompany Elting so that he puts down a fougasse (a kind of Mine) in the Benavides’ residence.
In the morning, hidden near the Benavides’ residence, you witness the explosion of the residence when Vice-Admiral Benavides and his guards enter into.
You leave Cuba and go to Port Royal. There, you let Elting and Roxanne Lalliere (with the possibility of making expeditions with them later). END

What do you think ? :?

I like the story. The only comment I'd have is that Johan Elting's Dutch nationality doesn't really lead anywhere.
After all, I think Spain and The Netherlands weren't quite friendly at the time,
so I would expect Johan Elting to not be too happy about his work as mercenary for the Spanish.
So I'd expect him to try and find an opportunity to get out of that and start waging war of the Spanish instead.
Or something like that anyway.

Back