• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Assassin Main Quest

I just noticed on Wikipedia that the PotC pirate code was laid up by "Morgan and Bartholomew",
but it's not actually mentioned which Bartholomew that is.
According to the Bartolomeu Portugues Wikipedia article, it's actually supposed to be him:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartolomeu_Portugues
Now I don't expect that it was REALLY supposed to be Bartolomeu,
but what if you DO incorporate that idea into your story?
Have Bartolomeu and Henry Morgan join up to make up those rules? :cheeky

Have a look at this quote from the Bartholomew Roberts article:
Roberts' flag was one of several taken from real-life accounts and used in the film Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. Also in the film, Barbossa says that the pirates' code was first set down by "Morgan and Bartholomew" - referring to Henry Morgan and Bartholomew Roberts. However, as Roberts was only six years old when Henry Morgan died, it is unlikely that the two were actually acquainted.
So it can't have been him then, making it more likely that it IS Bartolomeu o Portugues. :razz

so I would expect Johan Elting to not be too happy about his work as mercenary for the Spanish.
So I'd expect him to try and find an opportunity to get out of that and start waging war of the Spanish instead.
Or something like that anyway.
That is one of the two options he has got when he talks to Bartolomeu.. And exploding the Vice-admiral Benavides' residence is not start the war with the Spaniards for you ? :razz

I just noticed on Wikipedia that the PotC pirate code was laid up by "Morgan and Bartholomew",
but it's not actually mentioned which Bartholomew that is.
According to the Bartolomeu Portugues Wikipedia article, it's actually supposed to be him:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartolomeu_Portugues
Now I don't expect that it was REALLY supposed to be Bartolomeu,
but what if you DO incorporate that idea into your story?
Have Bartolomeu and Henry Morgan join up to make up those rules? :cheeky

Have a look at this quote from the Bartholomew Roberts article:
Roberts' flag was one of several taken from real-life accounts and used in the film Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. Also in the film, Barbossa says that the pirates' code was first set down by "Morgan and Bartholomew" - referring to Henry Morgan and Bartholomew Roberts. However, as Roberts was only six years old when Henry Morgan died, it is unlikely that the two were actually acquainted.
So it can't have been him then, making it more likely that it IS Bartolomeu o Portugues. :razz

Bartolomeu o Portugues really worked for Morgan during a period of his life. So, as I read somewhere that, they made up those rules.. :shrug

Of course it IS. But I don't want that to be the end of the story...
there can be so much more fun if it continues with fighting for the Dutch against the Spanish again. :razz

Of course it IS. But I don't want that to be the end of the story...
there can be so much more fun if it continues with fighting for the Dutch against the Spanish again. :razz
Of course, it's always possible to add more quests showing Elting fighting the Spaniards but I don't have enough time for that. :shrug
Anyway, someone else could continue the main quest ... :)

True. But Thomas has his own quest and I am otherwise occupied. But who knows what'll happen. :cheeky

To Pieter,

If I send you the small addition of the 5th quest this Monday, will it be included in Alpha 10 ? :?

I've set the absolutely deadline on Wednesday, but I'd prefer everything as soon as possible.
Monday should be good.

Here's the file Pieter.. Sorry for the delay.. It's just a small addition and maybe in the future I'll need to improve that.. :eek:k

Too bad that the Soleil Royal model is STILL not properly fixed for PotC.
ZarethPL tried and failed. :modding

Alright Pieter :doff

The story of the 6th quest is written (Oranjestad siege) and it won't give me so many problems like the 5th quest :cheeky

OOps... :? Can you check something Pieter ? I think I forgot to give 30000 gold coins to the player when he returns to Vice-Admiral Benavides after capturing Soleil Royal.. Can you add this in the Vice-Admiral Benavides dialog.c as I did many times in the past in this same dialog.c..

Just a small update for this main quest :

For people wanting a main character more like the hero of Assassin's Creed, I made this one.. You can choose him at the beginning of the quest if you want.

btw : I didn't have much time to work on the Assassin and Bartolomeu Main Quests these last two months but fortunately I'll have more time this month and in January...

Whahaha! Cool. But he'd sort-of stand out in a crowd, don't you think? :rofl

Yes, even in a crowd you can see him from far :cheeky

Anyway, it's just for the fun I made him and I remember someone in the forum asked for this kind of Character..

Now, what I would also like it's the character having the same animations than the original game for the combats and also jumping from a roof to another one :woot :dance

Back