• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Assassin Storyline: Amerigo Vieira glitch

Zennek

Landlubber
Hello, i have pretty strange bug, when I enter Vieira's house i can't move but I don't move automanticly either ;/ I play 14 2.2 version

here they are, i hope its correct

Attachments

• compile.log
    3.7 KB · Views: 129
  • system.log
    1.8 KB · Views: 130
I did not see anything seriously bad in there.

It has been a long time since I played the Assassin storyline but it is a good one. I have a vague memory that you must complete the dialog with Amerigo Vieira before you can leave. Can you talk to him?

i should walk automaticly to the Amerigo and talk to him, but when I enter his house I don't move automaticly and even I can't walk manually

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

Then something is not being triggered. Have you tried starting again from a save? :facepalm Of course you have. Can you go back to before you arrive at that island?

I am afraid it will take someone who understands code to help you out of this predicament. :shrug

All I remember is that it was tricky right there and people had trouble there. I did not.

It is just a thought --- Are you arriving at Vieira's house within the time limit ( 3 months from Santos giving you the job). Being outside the time limit might cause the problem.

Though I think Vieira should not be there if you have gone outside the time limit & you should also hve had a quest book update to say you have failed the quest.

:read

I am having this problem too, but I am at time limit, already tried loading from older saving (even before Santos give this job) and still I get stuck at this part.....

Same problem for me, if use "f12" to execute console u will be able to walk around but no "auto-walk" and theres no Amerigo in that house.

Cannot upload the compile cuz its too large so are the save games(about 4 of them for testing)
So mega link here: https://mega.nz/#F!bUwXkLoB!WNrS_Wxj0PzwSsRF2uaDLw

Attachments

• error.log
    9.2 KB · Views: 146
  • system.log
    40.1 KB · Views: 136
@lucho1392 which version are you running cause I see a lot of errors....

Indeed a lot of scary errors in there that I don't quite understand. It looks like he's got the latest modpack version though, including your latest fixes.

I did confirm the actual problem though and it is a real one. To get past that scene, execute this line through console prior to going through the door:
Code:
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Amerigo Vieira"), "Hit_house2", "goto", "goto4");
See here for details on how to do that: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/modding-tips-tricks.24942/

The real problem is because of side quest/main quest interference.
In the sidequest, "Amerigo Vieira" is generated at location "none" and later moved to his correct spot at the start of the Hitman quest.
But for the Assassin storyline, he was supposed to be generated at his correct spot straight away.
Except that the sidequest version of "Officers.c" overrode his entry in the storyline "TempQuest.c" file, so he wasn't actually where he needed to be. :facepalm

I have now fixed that more properly for the next update by ensuring Officers.c is done FIRST and any other quest character files override that instead.
Seems to work and will be included in the latest release today. This might also solve similar issues in other examples, if there happen to be any others.
This doesn't fix existing saves though, so for that purpose, use the solution above instead.

the shipyard errors might be caused if the shipyard has no ships left ... from what I can see from the code

@lucho1392 which version are you running cause I see a lot of errors....

Well Levis has our mutual friend @Pieter Boelen said I am using the latest and Levi's Stuff.

execute this line through console

I'll try hahaha

UPDATE: So i am a programmer now hahaha and the line worked.
About the errors u are worried about i was just letting them pass but now gonna report each one. For example after hiring Amerigo I was back at Port Royale and error appears so game shuts down.

Attachments

• error.log
    126 bytes · Views: 141
  • system.log
    14.3 KB · Views: 134
  • compile.log
    940.8 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
About the errors u are worried about i was just letting them pass but now gonna report each one. For example after hiring Amerigo I was back at Port Royale and error appears so game shuts down.
Does that happen ALL the time? You want to get the update from the link in my signature too.

Back