• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Assassin - Worm in Apple - Amerigo Vieira's Weapons

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
In the Worm in the Apple quest. If you hire Amerigo Vieira his weapon will be un-equipped if you give him any items eg medicines, pistol, armour etc.

His sword is equipped when you first talk to him in his house - and everything remains ok as long as you don't give him anything.

If you give him things then his sword disappears from the model and in fights he just stands there. :shrug

Bizarre! The only reason I can think of is that he's got a unique weapon.
So if that IS the case, the uniqueness doesn't work as intended, but does cause unintended issues.
Isn't that lovely?

from what i remember, his sword was originally a conquistador sword, which has since been renamed to the spanish nobility sword. but i guess he has a new weapon now.

I took the unique sword ( sword of cortes ) away from him and gave him an ordinary one -- now everything is ok -- can exchange weapons, medicines etc with him without problems. :onya

I have tried giving the unique sword ( sword of cortes ) to some of my other ordinary officers -- each time it does not appear on the model and also makes their pistols disappear.

:shock

i think i've seen something like that...
it always involved having your weapons equipped or unequipped by some quest, and the quest messing up your equipment (thought it certainly didn't always happen). some blacksmiths used to do it too when you didn't have exactly what they needed.

in fact, now that i think of it, the guns dissapearing sounds exactly like the problem i occasionally had with blacksmiths. it occured when your weapon didn't have a quality parameter assigned and you asked him to repair it.

I have had problems with Blacksmiths and unique weapons before.

I once took Francis Drakes Sword to a blacksmith to be repaired -- The Blacksmith told me to go away he would not touch it . ( or there was no repair dialog ) -- I can't remember

I think he was scared because it was cursed. :rofl

It broke in a fight shortly afterwards. :ixi

So perhaps Unique weapons are not meant to be repaired

Unique weapons are bugged. They don't do what they should do (work as normal weapons) and they do do what they shouldn't (show up randomly). :modding

I've been using Amerigo Viera's sword of Cortes for a while. The officers won't use it, so....

Back