• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Assassins Quest

leongt

Master Mariner
I'm having a problem with the 2nd assassins quest, I've killed Ambroz Bricenos and went back to Mateus Santos got the reward and he offers next job Sail to Bridgetown, Barbados kill Geffrey Bampfylde but after he gives the quest to me it appears in the quest list then after I take a few steps I hear the quest sound and it suddenly disappears from the quest list and if I go to Barbados Geffrey Bampfylde house is locked and Mateus Santos house is also locked and I can do nothing.

Try going back to an earlier save and trying it again. Sometimes the game hangs up and misses something.

Yes Peter I do have the Brothel option set to on as per instruction on the Walkthrough but am still only able to do the first mission so I just skipped the rest of this Quest by telling Mateus Santos I didn't want to do any more missions.

For got to say this is the Hard Labors of an Assassin in the original story line

Assuming Build 14 is similar to Build 13 in this regard, look through your list of completed quests and find out why the Assassins quest finished. The last time I had something like that happen was when I took too long to get to the target destination, got a "ping" while on the world map, and found that the quest had ended - I can't remember exactly what it said in the completed log but probably something about having decided I'd given up on this sort of work. It shouldn't be timing out when you're a few paces outside Mateus Santos' house, though.

Do you have a saved game from before you killed Ambroz Bricenos? What about from before you even started that quest?

The 1st mission completes ok but before I can even start the 2nd mission kill Geffrey Bampfylde as soon as I walk out Mateus Santos door I hear the bell sound when you complete a quest or mission the quest is no longer in the quest list or completed quests ether and Geffrey Bampfylde door on Barbados is locked plus Mateus Santos door is also locked so I'm stuck

Are you sure that the quest is not in the list of completed quests? Again, build 14 may differ from build 13 in this, but what I've found is that the list of quests does not usually show all completed quests. You must first click to view one of the visible completed quests, exit it, then look through the list again; the list will only now scroll down through all completed quests.

Back