• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help B14 Beta 3.2 Balancing

Women had a choice of clothing, especially the ones trying to get hired as officers - at the moment all female officers in taverns are Taegan in a vest.
I really have no clue why that would be happening. Must be something with that female officer percentage code, but that shouldn't influence the model choice. :shock

It's not just the female officers whose clothing choice is restricted, though they're the worst affected. Random female civilians also don't have such a choice of clothing as in previous versions. All that work people put into outfits such as the various "Pretty woman, must be a governor's daughter" models, for example, is now wasted.

On the worldmap, it's not just pirates who are missing, at least in my game. Perhaps it's the storyline ("Assassin"), perhaps it's the timeline, or perhaps it's Beta 3.2 being even more fouled up than I thought. There are lots of French ships, lots of Spanish ships, a few Portuguese ships, very occasionally a Dutch ship - and no British ships, not even near Jamaica! For Johan Elting in the service of Spain, this is annoying, though I do usually manage to find something Portuguese to attack.

Portuguese ships are mostly "Spanish" galleons. Along with a two or three galleons there is sometimes a battleship, sometimes one or more fregata latina, or occasionally a heavy brig. Since I and my officers now have decent Melee skill and the boatswain knows how to board, I can take a galleon - in fact, with its crew outnumbering mine, the galleon usually initiates the boarding, saving me a bit of trouble. Fregatas and heavy brigs are easy. I've yet to try my luck with a battleship but I'll have a go next time one shows up. It would be nice to see something other than those few types, though. Perhaps, in search of some other type of ship, I'll hoist British colours and go after something French - serves them right for trying to help Portugal. :D

Crew still don't use firearms. I've put plenty into the weapons locker, which they find; I've also been putting ammo and powder into the locker, which they haven't found. Still, as far as I'm concerned, crew are expendable drones whose job is to pin down or at least delay some of the enemy until I or my officers can get to them.

Our games are a bit different. In the La Croix storyline the female characters have a lot more variety although the Teagan model you mention is the most prevalent.

On the world map I see mostly English ships with a few others thrown in, but no pirates. Even in direct sail they are very rare. Even around Turks all I see are British ships.

One other thing is the types of fleets I am seeing. At first they were all large battle fleets but over time they have changed to be smaller and with more merchant ships in them. Large battle fleets are still encountered but they are not common.

If you put armor in the weapons locker the crew lasts a lot longer.

Our games are a bit different. In the La Croix storyline the female characters have a lot more variety although the Teagan model you mention is the most prevalent.
Odd. The "period model" code was only applied to soldiers and officers, not any other characters.

On the world map I see mostly English ships with a few others thrown in, but no pirates. Even in direct sail they are very rare. Even around Turks all I see are British ships.
That's why I don't have any British ships. You've got all mine. xD

One other thing is the types of fleets I am seeing. At first they were all large battle fleets but over time they have changed to be smaller and with more merchant ships in them. Large battle fleets are still encountered but they are not common.
That makes no sense. Even if you have START_DIFF_SHIPCAP set to 1 ("Takes player's level and ship class into account when generating ship encounters"), and assuming that's what is dictating what size and type of fleet you encounter, I'd expect to meet the small merchant groups at low level and the big battle fleets at high level. Perhaps just as you've got all my British ships, I'm now getting all your big battle fleets. :D

If you put armor in the weapons locker the crew lasts a lot longer.
I don't buy armour or weapons for expendable drones. :) But captured basic armour and weapons of "good" quality or better go into the weapons locker. As I progress, enemies get better weapons, which means when I've taken those weapons, the crew get them. They're now doing quite well in battle. :duel:

The game is evolving for me. I am now seeing a lot more balance than I was at first. I still have to pick and choose my fights but I am no longer running into huge battle fleets every time.

So far the perks seem reasonably priced. I am still having the custom class bug.I select my skills for it after setting everything up hit start game it loads up and the skills are completely random not even the ones I have chose. I am still testing everything else out I will add more when I find it

So I found a major bug in Tale of a Seahawk. While doing the main missions when you have to get the golden statue back from the English the ship that is carrying it, I board it and get threw all the levels then all of a sudden after I kill the ship captain it Does a storm video. Then It warps me to the beach and citizen talks to me telling me I'm lucky to have survived and that I need to head Inland, but I'm on bonairs shore but its not loaded at all so I can not progress at all now. I have done it 3 times to make sure, it happens every time

There have been no updates since Beta 2.2 and only a few fixes here and there.
Mainly because both myself and @Levis are very busy with real life at the moment.
Yeah, me too as I was away here for some time. But I'm back to do some testing again from time to time. :type1

So I found a major bug in Tale of a Seahawk. While doing the main missions when you have to get the golden statue back from the English the ship that is carrying it, I board it and get threw all the levels then all of a sudden after I kill the ship captain it Does a storm video. Then It warps me to the beach and citizen talks to me telling me I'm lucky to have survived and that I need to head Inland, but I'm on bonairs shore but its not loaded at all so I can not progress at all now. I have done it 3 times to make sure, it happens every time

:O That's not supposed to happen! There are a few main missions in-between that mission and scene, I'll rush through, to get to that point to confirm.

So far the perks seem reasonably priced. I am still having the custom class bug.I select my skills for it after setting everything up hit start game it loads up and the skills are completely random not even the ones I have chose. I am still testing everything else out I will add more when I find it

Yeah... i had that problem too... and i reported that problem here, but it seems it is very difficult to fix properly that system. As sir Pieter said, the actual system was FAR better that the previous versions of the system.

Hmm... in the wiki of this web, there's a walkthrough which tells you how to progress with the storyline. In that walkthrough, it said that you MUST NOT board the ship; you olny need to sink it. Then the progress of the storyline will continue. Beware, although, that you will be teletransported to the Bonaire beach after the storm. You don't need to go to the lighthouse of Barbados in order to continue it, as it was in the Stock POTC. If in Bonaire the game crashes and get stuck, then you will probably need a re-installation of the game :shrug

As far as i have been on Beta 3.2, it seems that the worldmap encounter system is working more or less good :onya In De la Croix storyline, there are always a lot of battle fleets chasing you, and you can fight against then, as well as the standard storyline, but there are quite warships of France on the worldmap... until now, i have met only a fleet of warships; In Devlin Opera, unfortunately, i haven't seen any French warships on the worldmap, as i am hostile to them; and in The Buccaneer storyline, i haven't also found warships o the worldmap from any of my hostile nations. So that leaves it with 2-2. Have to try the Master and Commander storyline and see what happens...

That is an old problem. I arrived here in 2009/2010 and that problem existed then. The logical thing to do is to kill the Captain and loot the statue, but that crashes the game. :boom:

So just sink the ship and continue on your merry way. :ship It has not been fixed yet so it must be a thorny problem.

Is that report yet? I don't remember hearing of it. Please make a Bug Tracker report, along with the error logs and a savegame just prior to that point.

As for the worldmap, has anyone recently seen any pirates there?

Known problem, but we don't know why. :(

Nop. Still no pirates on the worldmap, but there are now more pirates in direct sail around the islands.

The DirectSail code wasn't touched. That should still be exactly the same as Beta 3.1 .

Back