• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

(B14 patch 1.5) What must I do to get 1st and 2nd rate ships to show up in shipyards?

Noriruru

Freebooter
Hey guys I'm trying to tune my game to get 1st rates such as Pgargon's HMS Victory to show up in the shipyards to buy I've turned off the realistic ship purchase option and set the MaxClass setting in shipyard scripts to 1 however still nothing larger than 3rd rates ever show up in shipyards. I'm kinda stumped here I was able to enable 1st rate purchasing in B13 but can't seem to do it in B14. :shrug What are all the settings I need to tune to make 1st rates show up in shipyards in B14? :hmm
I'd like to get this going for when Pgargon finishes his San Filipe and we finally aquire Remus77's Trinity 2nd rate.

i have soem problems with build 14 patch 1.5. is normal to :

see some uniforms in violet
when walking to the left using A or B keyboard keys, i start to hover in stairs, or i get catched by assasin tables or columns (damn them, spying nijas).
can't acces to any, any, shipyard!
can't see any city name on open sea map.... i have to remember where the cities were...

if it is normal, then perfect. if no...

:modding :modding :modding

I believe this was intentionally taken out for Build 14. 1st and 2nd rates were not just sold to people you know :p . They were built specifically for the military. So now, you either have to capture one, or you have to rise high enough in military rank for one of the nations.

correct me if I'm wrong

Build 14 patch 1.5? Was there a patch 1.5? Crickey, that was a year ago and I don't remember. :eek:ops2

Those giant ships are supposed to be rare because they were rare. It may take quite a while before you see one in a shipyard. Better to work on your rank and be patient.

Tryade: Violet uniforms??? Not normal.
Side stepping does not work that well because it was never part of the original game.
Are city names supposed to show up on the world map? :shrug The merchants have island maps you can buy.

Why do so many people have the same avatars? It gets confusing.

I think a certain someone... i.e. Keith... stealthily added these new 'default' avatars during his recent maintenance to the site... :cheeky

I'm sure he did. :cheeky

As for the class 1 ships, I thought you WERE supposed to be able to buy them. But only from large towns and not all.
And even then you have to be lucky because they're NOT common!

I think a certain someone... i.e. Keith... stealthily added these new 'default' avatars during his recent maintenance to the site... :cheeky
Yes... I quickly created an avatar picture out of a screenshot of Julius Ironcast when I understood that... Just to reduce confusion. I'll change it later to some other character - old sailor? Ronald the lawer? Well, some not-so important Seadogs character in all case.

Good to know. It does make plenty of sense for class 1s to be rare. I'm just trying to make sure they actually WILL show up in the shipyards as I am making a tweak to AI encounters as a part of a makeshift attempt to create my own storyline so as to as closely simulate the current state of Pirates of the Burning Sea's lame Power & Prestiege expansion which saw the removal of player ability to obtain 1st and 2nd rate SOTLs therefore the act of capturing such ships won't exactly be an option. However I want 1st and 2nd rates to remain an option for myself as my hero character is supposed to be a kind of renegade 1st and 2nd rate trafficking kingpin of sorts and I will need the shipyards to pull this off properly.

The "putting ships at the shipyards" code is in PROGRAM\Ships\Ships.c . Especially this part is relevant here:
Code:
	if(sTownName != "")
{
if(GetTownSize(sTownName) >= (STORE_MINSIZE/2)) iClassMax = 2;
if(GetTownSize(sTownName) >= STORE_MINSIZE) iClassMax = 1;
}
if(iNation == PIRATE) iClassMax = 3;
// PB <--
if(SHIPYARD_SELL_ALL_CLASSES) iClassMax = 1; // NK 05-03-19 add toggle to class limiting

Back