• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

(B14_Beta3) Assassin: The Apprenticeship

Cappy Dexer

HoO Team Member
Quest Writer
Provisional
I'm ordered to kill the English Captain, with the two poisoned knifes. First, the two knifes automaticly de-equip and switch back to my pirates pistol once i enter/leave an area (Like a house, or a part of the city). Second, the captain is staying still at the port gate, he only starts moving when i either; throw a knife on him, or talk to him. Talking to him gives a completely empty dialogue. Not sure how it's supposed to go, but after shooting him with the two knifes, he still lives and walks in the residence. My quest does not progress.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Cayman. Grand Cayman November 14th, 1665.zip
    606.8 KB · Views: 90
  • system.log
    607 bytes · Views: 112
  • compile.log
    2.3 KB · Views: 117
(Former message ERASED)

EDIT:
Sorry, I don't play the Assassin storyline.

It's in a ZIP, cause i can't upload it without, should i try a third-patry website?

Well I tried his save and got "bad save".
Well, the 3.3 ain't save game compatible. That's for sure.

EDIT: Sorry but haven't tried that yet. But I'll find a way to clear up some space and make another copy where I can try the Beta 3.3. :)

No, I am aware of the need to zip it and unzipped it, then put it in the proper save folder. I got a bad save in one install and nothing at all in the other. I get bad saves myself.

The poisoned throwing knife takes a few minutes to work and it sounds like bad luck that the target walks away and breaks the quest.

Yes. I have the old beta 3.2 that is an archive install now and I am actively playing beta 3.3.

I just tried that save again in the beta 3.2 install and got the storyline but no save. Now I'm thinking possibly a corrupted install?

Have you tried going back to your last save and trying it again? That often works.

I mostly overwrite my old save with a new one, but i can look if i can do that after i get back from a riding trip.

The game occasionally does weird things with the quests.
I'd strongly recommend you keep several saves back, just in case.

Sure will do.. As it's not super far into the story, i shall start a new one. As i'm also busy writing a side-quest right now, the update on this might take a little while. Hope thats not a problem! :napoleon

Back