• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bad Save

Enes Soysal

Powder Monkey
i can not load my saves it says Bad saves ... how i will solve this problem i searched all forum and web search nothing i found. need help !!!

Attachments

• Adsız.png
    Adsız.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 260
In CoAS a bad save is a broken save and you will never be able to load this saves again. You can only delete bad saves manually from the save folder in the install direction of the game and start all over again if you don´t have a good save left. For the future i would recommend you to use more the normal save instead of the quick save option because the games Storm Engine can´t handle quick saves reliable.

Last edited:
Enes, were these saves all quick saves? Or were any done through the save game menu? Just curious.

most of them are normal saves not quick saves. i dont use quick saves. only when boarding it saves autosaves.

Oh wow. Never heard of that happening before. Especially them ALL showing bad. It's almost like something went wrong with the actual profile/folder to affect them all like that. Sorry I can't help. I have a couple hundred hours in AOP2 with GOF2, and I think I've had two bad saves ever. Very strange.

Based on PotC, you might want to delete the file named "options" from your main game folder and see if that makes any difference.

no i deleted all profile :( it was bad.. i played 2 or 3 weeks with this profile.. (1 frigrate 3 battle ship 1 man o war ) and most of personal and ship skill was 100 :(
i started with new one.. thank you so much for answers and attention.
whats difference between aop 2 and gof 2

I recommend GOF 2.0 - I think I can say that Age of Pirates 2 is completly new game with this mod. It's amazing.

Don't wory about profiles.
Once, when I didn't have GOF installed, I was playing a lot, I spent a few months on it and I missed 'save' button with 'delete' button...
Anyway, your save crashed. Once I installed GOF 1.2, I had really good profile and I found out they had relesed GOF 2.0 before I downloaded 1.2 version... I had to start the new game.
But I'm so happy that I decided to use GOF 2.0 . It's cool and makes game really stable, so no crashes anymore. :)

I recommend GOF 2.0 - I think I can say that Age of Pirates 2 is completly new game with this mod. It's amazing.
If GoF makes AoP 2 a completely new game, I wonder what New Horizons does for PotC.
We're probably measuring on two different scales. ;)

@ Enes Soysal

In your Situation i would install AoP2 to "C:" instead of "C: Program Files". If you are still experiencing bad saves in normal save mode, this could also be a hardware incompatibility. Good luck!

Pieter, that's true. New Horizons added many new things to PotC but I still prefer AoP2 and I think this game is better then PotC.
It'd be so good to see in AoP2 the things which New Horizons added. However, I'm not sure but I heard that New Horizons wouldn't be updated. Is it true?
I would really like to see a few new islands and USA as a new country in AoP2. :/

GOF seems to be not updated anymore.

I still prefer AoP2 and I think this game is better then PotC.
Different people have different preferences. And when you compare the unmodded games, then that is most definitely true.
A few years ago, I used to agree that PotC+Mods was just about equal to AoP2+Mods. But I do not think I can honestly claim that anymore.

There may be a few things that AoP 2 does better, such as graphics and multiple attacks during fencing, but those are really the only things I can think of.
Anything else is either done better in PotC or could be done better if we would have the time to make it happen because the game engine differences really aren't very large.
Just large enough to make any direct porting of content be quite impossible. We've tried and tried, but that is just not worth the effort.

It'd be so good to see in AoP2 the things which New Horizons added.
I would really like to see a few new islands and USA as a new country in AoP2. :/
GOF seems to be not updated anymore.
We have nobody left here who likes modding AoP 2 and is actually capable of doing those things.
The ever-lasting lack of proper coordination and cooperation on that in the past has seen to that.
It is a shame, but it is now too late to do anything about it. So sad that the people who worked on AoP 2 could not keep the modding alive.

However, I'm not sure but I heard that New Horizons wouldn't be updated. Is it true?
All evidence to the contrary: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-4-release-candidate.24486/ ;)
So no, couldn't be much further from the truth. :no

Why do you like AoP 2 better? I'd quite like to know so that we can see about bridging the gap between both games.

right now i want to play classic aop 2. after i conquer every colony. i can play with gof mode i think. and i deleted all saves i started again. now when i do something good and difficult, i am saving save file. with winrar.. :)

I didn't like the plot which was in PotC. Does NH add completly new plot which will make that I would start the game and belong to USA?
I like AoP2 because it was 2nd game which I met ( after PotC ) and it brang so many new things, islands, weapons, etc. Graphic was better too.
I don't know how it looks now, with New Horizons. I see there's no Falaise de Fleur or other imagined islands, just real.

I didn't like the plot which was in PotC. Does NH add completly new plot which will make that I would start the game and belong to USA?
New Horizons has at least 5 completely unique storylines, if not more. Can't remember the exact number.
There is a huge variety, so I sincerely doubt you can't find at least a few you like. ;)
The USA exist in the last two time periods in the game. Master & Commander starts on the American island, for example.

AoP 2 may still have PotC beat on number of islands, but as per Build 14 Beta 3 we do have a nearly fully realistic Caribbean with most definitely enough islands to keep you busy.
Other than that, surely PotC has more weapons, characters, ships, etc. than any other pirate game out there.
We added so much that we had to start deleting things last year because it was becoming sheer overkill.

It seems I would have to check it.
I must install it when I'll have more free time and see how it looks.
I saw that there were more national flags and also private flags or something like that.

Tell me one thing. Any update of NH requires starting the new game?
I don't know if I can install it and start the game or wait a bit for update.

Huge advantage : England, USA, France, Holland, Spain and Portugal.
Portugal and USA don't exist in AoP2.

I saw that there were more national flags and also private flags or something like that.
For each time period, there is a Navy and a Merchant national flag. There are six unique time periods in total.
There are a whole bunch of personal and pirate flags to choose from.

Tell me one thing. Any update of NH requires starting the new game?
I don't know if I can install it and start the game or wait a bit for update.
If you are more interested in playing and not so much in testing and helping us develop,
you may want to wait another week or so until Beta 3.4 is finished and posted to the ModDB.

For each time period, there is a Navy and a Merchant national flag. There are six unique time periods in total.
There are a whole bunch of personal and pirate flags to choose from.

If you are more interested in playing and not so much in testing and helping us develop,
you may want to wait another week or so until Beta 3.4 is finished and posted to the ModDB.

Ok, I wait for release and I'll check it. I can help in testing, etc but in the future because I'm a student of medical studies and I have to learn a lot because of exams.

GOF2 is clearly superior to POTC beta 3.2. POTC beta 3 was better than GOF2 IMHO. Dunno about anything newer.

About all the bad saves, that looks like a corrupted install caused by an unstable computer. The instability can be caused by too much overclocking (me) or just plain no maintenance.

Back