• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bad Save

by the way who know how i will continue to flying dutchman quest. only i can get quest in tavern. but after i cant find flying dutchman ship. it have to sink our ship right but how and where ?

After you talked 3 times to guests in taverns on 3 different days you just have to leave the harbour when your logbook tells you that the Flying Dutchman has been seen around and it will automaticly reach you. You will not be able to beat it. That means that you will lose your ship, officers that are with you at that moment and all your money. Just your personal Inventory will stay. So better be careful and place your money in the bank and buy Tartanes for your Officers to deposit them at the harbourmaster before leaving the harbour. After losing the battle you will find yourself on a random beach with very bad health and have to find a way to buy a Tartane to get back to where you startet from. This will be even more difficult if you end up in enemy territories. So i would recommend you to save before battle and reload till you end up on a beach of your choice.

By the way: You said that you will continue with GoF2 after you conquered all Colonies of AoP2. You should know that you will never be able to conquer Portobello and Panama. You will not be able to attack Panama in any way and even Portobello you can only plunder after you did the Pirates Quest but you can´t qonquer it. About the Pirates Quest you should also know that after you were starting it, no General Gouverneur will ever talk to you again. In AoP2 nothing is without consequences so better be careful about everything and save twice before you do something ;)

Last edited:
If GoF makes AoP 2 a completely new game, I wonder what New Horizons does for PotC.
We're probably measuring on two different scales. ;)

OK, I'll bite. And yes it's two different scales for sure. Keep in mind that I played AOP2 first, and it's kind of human nature to lean towards what we are already comfortable with. :yes

New Horizons does indeed make PotC a completely new game :onya. The scope of NH is HUGE. Not just bug fixes with some new ships thrown in.
The GOF2 mod can't really be compared to NH, imho, because the scope and goals of the two mods are so different. GOF didn't really try to add much "content". It is more about just fixing AOP2. But it fixes it gloriously.

So why would I prefer AOP2 with GOF2 over PotC? To me, AOP2 menus seem less clunky, and the newer storm engine is really noticeable. (Having a proper side-step alone is a big deal for me). But the biggest variable in my choice is, I don't care to quest much. I am an openworld/sandbox/let me run wild with no directions kind of gamer. X3 Albion Prelude sucked up years of my life. AOP2 is smooth, uncluttered, and offers me all the the activities I want. (Sail around, harass Spain, do a little trading between islands). If I was more of a quest type player, I would spend much more time in PotC NH.

I am just super grateful that both games and both mods exist!:aar

Fair enough. We do try to make PotC more interesting for Free Play, but we are only beginning to scratch the surface of what is possible there.
Hopefully in a few months that will be quite different. :cheeky

Indeed the PotC sidestep is silly at best. Game engine limitations can be so annoying. :facepalm

What do you find clunky about the PotC interfaces? Levis is doing some work on those anyway, so if you have any suggestions for him, that might not be a bad thing.

I don't trust my memory well enough to throw out specifics right now :oops:, but give me a day or two to take a look at them and I'll post something in the Build Beta & Brainstorming section.

@ Enes Soysal

Now you made me really excited! You said you were able to destroy the Fllying Dutchman in the beginning of a new started AoP2. This normally is impossible, so could you please explain to me how you exactly could manage that. I mean with what kind of ship, crew and personal skills :shock

On the other hand you would miss the continues storyline of the Flying Dutchman if you act like this but anyway i´m playing the game since 5 years now and can´t believe things like that :facepalm

Last edited:
3 manowar 1 battle ship and 1 caravel but only my ship have crews other ships dont have any crew. first i destroyed its sails then she cant move anywhere. after i killed its crews cause it shots very fast and hurts too much. after i used only explosive bombs. and i sunk it :)

i sunk it again and i record it watch :) i load game back after that.. i dont know what will happen... but i want to capture flying dutchman and i will begin to capture colonies. :)

OK, after 2 years of playing ingame this is absolutely normal but after all your bad saves you told us (3 days ago) that you were starting a new game. Either this was a misunderstanding or you were playing nonstop since then, to reach such a high level so fast :confused:

Last edited:
yes now i have 20-25 million gold. and 2 man o war full armed and one man o war for storage. but i realise that mow is very slow. first i used firigrate with 32ibs. it was very good. good power good manuverable and very fast.. but in aop 2 destroying sails is easier than aop caribbean tales. its very bad and forts too powerful than caribbean tales. now i will do flying dutchman quest i will capture she. she have good speed and power if i saw right :) and i will ask that i skilled on my captain iron will and hosnest face.. still my officers loyalty getting low. how i can raise officers loyalty i didnt understand it. i cant find solutions or answers on google only i can visit this forum. game producer dont inform game details with players. i am asking too much but i cant find answers :( but game is good and it says to me that play me play me :) Thank you to forum creators moderators admins and all players.

Don´t worry about asking to much. This forum is made for that and we all like to help if we can. About "Officers Loyality" i can tell you that you should avoid hiring Officers that tell you that they are the Best in this and that. They are only Swindler or Murder and not reliable at all. All the others that tell you that they shall not be bad in this and that are 100% reliable and will never leave you, even if the progress bar looks like that from time to time. I can asure you that they will stay forever. Anyway, personally you can´t raise their loyality. This is a fully automated prozess that only the game is taking care of itself.

Last edited:
Back