• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Baltimore Steam Propulsion Laboratory

Um that is just bizarre, can you check this file location for me (RESOURCE/TEXTURES/SHIPS/SAILS) and see if it is full of files

Yes. And please also do that Error Logging/system.log thing. That'd probably instantly tell us what's wrong! :whipa

Yes it is full of files. But I dont think it just the textures which are missing because I can't even move my ship neither can the AI. :( Unless I have a steam ship.

The FAQ doesn't help at all because my debug thingy is on but it wont work when I press the Hotkey and yes, I have tried changing the Hotkey.

Hotkey? :huh

You enable it and then the log files are generated in the Pirates of the Caribbean directory :shrug

Ah the main game folder :facepalm

I cant see why this is the case, I reckomend trying a reinstall :yes

The ships that do have sails for you are probably ones that have unique sails

yeah i'll reinstall later,doesn't seem to be a game breaker just odd looking.and now that i think bout it when i see or encounter pirate ships they have sails,but they disappear if i take it for my self.like i said i seem to have the worst time evah getting things installed correctly 1st 6 times :urgh

Pirate ships have black sails, but when you take it they put up normal sails (I think)... so that explains that :yes

Question: Did any of you change any sail settings?
And did you use the Full or Light installer? Because the full method causes some sail files to be missing.
Though I think on default settings, the missing sail texture aren't actually used.

Actually, THERE you go:
Code:
Can't load texture resource\textures\SHIPS\SAILS\SAIL_PARUS_WHOLE_WHITE_PLAIN.TGA.tx
Must be my full installer mistake playing up. Cap'n Maggee, please fix! :razz

You WOULD have sails on default settings, which use the Build weathered ones.
However, if you change the settings to what rbray14 did, the game will try to use the stock game files.
But I removed those, because I wanted to add those files in the download itself to keep things simple for batching.
I subsequently failed to actually include them. I confirmed that I DID indeed mess up on that account,
but didn't have time to do anything about that anymore.
Captain Maggee, can you please include the properly-renamed stock game sail files in the Patch?

Back