• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bat files not running properly

OffHandedBarrel

Powder Monkey
Build 2.1 and 2.5 are downloading properly yet I can't seem to get the .bat files to run correctly. Probably stupid Microsoft security functions again but when I run the .bat for 2.1 it says it can't find the files specified multiple times then says its finished. Then when I download and run the .bat for 2.5 it does more or less the same thing then has the PROGRAM and the PROGRAM_new files instead of just PROGRAM. I've run both the build mods and the .bat files as administrator and re downloaded and reinstalled multiple times to no avail with my PotC game in all manner of places except programfilesx86. I have a dell with with intel so I always opted for the fix as well as higher graphics. The game runs fine for a while even though there are the two different files then it cascades into a buggy mess :/ I tried deleting the PROGRAM file and re-naming the PROGRAM_new to PROGRAM and I get the 2.5 at the main and it seems that it worked then it cascades into a buggy mess. Also either the top or bottom half of text seems to be cut off of some Headers in options and when interacting with people as well as some text in conversations showing up. And after a while of playing I start walking on water and through stuff and over stuff and can't access my ship from port. walk up to doors and end up floating over ally ways and on top of roofs.......just not an enjoyable experience. Sorry if this has been answered before. I couldn't find it if so, so it might have been buried. Thanks.

:ahoy

Try installing just the stock POTC first and check to see that it is working properly. Then install beta 2.1
Ignore what the bat files say while they are working and just hit any button when they are done. But! When a bat file is done look in your POTC folder to see if it is still there. Sometimes it is. If it is, then click on it and run it again. When it disappears it has run correctly.
Then install the next part. Repeat as necessary.

When POTC is running properly go into your POTC folder and open the engine.ini. At the top you will be able to set your screen resolution.

Windows Security Stupidity at its finest! These days, I'm not even "allowed" to delete files from my external HD anymore or something.
It's getting to truly ridiculous levels.

Anyway, manually renaming PROGRAM_new to PROGRAM and RESOURCE\INI_new to RESOURCE\INI should allow you to play.

Some ships don't have the option; depends on which skins are available.
Which ships are you trying?

Indeed several of the topsail schooners and definitely that Buccaneer starting ship don't have repaint options. :no

Back