• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Being Awarded a Ship?

IntrepIDOwnz

Landlubber
I am currently working for Spain and I was awarded a Spanish Royal Galleon after being promoted to Capitan de Corbeta. The problem is, when I try and use the ship it disappears. Any ideas why?

Ah, the reward ships. You can get one from every nation. Sometimes that mod goes whacky bonkers. If you can, go back to a save from before you got that promotion. Save the game just before you walk into the Governor's mansion. You get an officer when you get the ship and the first thing you want to do is replace him. With luck you will end up with only one of him instead of the normal two. o_O Then go to the shipyard and get your ships all put where you want them. Usually that is all you need to do but you should save there because sometimes when you go to the port to check out your new ship you might find yourself with a completely different ship or one of your ships disappears. If you have problems even with the saves, then you might want to berth the ships you want to keep and buy yourself a dhingy or tartane. Then go visit the Governor. :wp

I replaced the officer, but I still had a problem with the ship's insatiable urge to be David Copperfield. I ended up doing the officer replacement, going to the "ghost" ship's deck, going straight to sea, sailing to another island, berthing the ghost there, and then coming back to the original island. Sadly I had no luck with the dual officer bug, so I have two of him on the passenger screen which offers a bit of confusion. To anyone else that gets that bug, I just moved my officers around so the two pictures of him are next to each other.

Back