• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ben Gunn

The Build 14 Beta 1 Light installer was made to be installed on top of Build 14 Alpha 10
for people who already had that installed and didn't want to download the huge Build 14 Beta 1 installed.
You won't need that file. All you need is Build 14 Beta 1 Full and Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 3.
There's installation instructions on the ModDB page for the downloads if you press "Read More".

Being a Beta, there will still be issues. Please help us find and solve them by posting them on the PiratesAhoy! bug tracker. And make sure to save often! If you encounter any random problems or crashes, usually reloading your savegame will get you through properly.
Installation order:
1 - Install Build 14 Beta 1 Full, following the instructions in the installer and allow it to run RunMe.bat
2 - Install Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 3 to your main game folder
3 - Run Rename.bat in your main game folder
4 - OPTIONAL: Tweak the controls and the game's settings to your liking in the Options menu
5 - Start a new game, select a storyline and ENJOY!
Tips:
- If you have Windows Vista, DON'T install the game to Program Files; security measures tend to prevent the modpack from installing correctly
- !!!SAVE OFTEN!!!
- Check out the controls in Documentation\Default Key Assignments.txt
- The game tends not to work if:
. You have an Intel Onboard Graphics Card - workaround with SwiftShader, included in install
. You use ffdshow and don't have the game added to your "exception list"

And thanks indeed for the kind words, Suraknar!
As far as I'm concerned, any and all members from the LIB would be most welcome to join our crew.
The more, the merrier, we always figure! We're a bunch of happy lads here! :cheers

The Build 14 Beta 1 Light installer was made to be installed on top of Build 14 Alpha 10
for people who already had that installed and didn't want to download the huge Build 14 Beta 1 installed.
You won't need that file. All you need is Build 14 Beta 1 Full and Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 3.
There's installation instructions on the ModDB page for the downloads if you press "Read More".

Being a Beta, there will still be issues. Please help us find and solve them by posting them on the PiratesAhoy! bug tracker. And make sure to save often! If you encounter any random problems or crashes, usually reloading your savegame will get you through properly.
Installation order:
1 - Install Build 14 Beta 1 Full, following the instructions in the installer and allow it to run RunMe.bat
2 - Install Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 3 to your main game folder
3 - Run Rename.bat in your main game folder
4 - OPTIONAL: Tweak the controls and the game's settings to your liking in the Options menu
5 - Start a new game, select a storyline and ENJOY!
Tips:
- If you have Windows Vista, DON'T install the game to Program Files; security measures tend to prevent the modpack from installing correctly
- !!!SAVE OFTEN!!!
- Check out the controls in Documentation\Default Key Assignments.txt
- The game tends not to work if:
. You have an Intel Onboard Graphics Card - workaround with SwiftShader, included in install
. You use ffdshow and don't have the game added to your "exception list"

And thanks indeed for the kind words, Suraknar!
As far as I'm concerned, any and all members from the LIB would be most welcome to join our crew.
The more, the merrier, we always figure! We're a bunch of happy lads here! :cheers

If I can make a suggestion here shipmates, wouldn't it be a lot better to have these mods each in a separate 'winrar' together with a 'read me' with instructions and explanations? You guys have to remember that not everyone is as conversant as ye are. The mods would then be easy to follow and install. To me, without your guidence here ...well I would be quite lost and would be installing wrong stuff! :shrug

We've got the instructions posted on the download page, but the ModDB requires people to press "Read More" to get to see it.
It's also in the Build 14 Beta 1 thread's opening posts. I prefer using a downloadable EXE file instead of RAR/ZIP/7-Zip files for the installers,
because they don't require any additional files to be installed. However, that doesn't allow a ReadMe to be included with the download.
I might be able to add a ReadMe in an installer screen for Build 14 Beta 2 when that's released,
but then that information would be outdated once the next patch is released.
The easiest is to have the instructions posted on the web pages that accompany the download links, which is what we have. :?

We've got the instructions posted on the download page, but the ModDB requires people to press "Read More" to get to see it.
It's also in the Build 14 Beta 1 thread's opening posts. I prefer using a downloadable EXE file instead of RAR/ZIP/7-Zip files for the installers,
because they don't require any additional files to be installed. However, that doesn't allow a ReadMe to be included with the download.
I might be able to add a ReadMe in an installer screen for Build 14 Beta 2 when that's released,
but then that information would be outdated once the next patch is released.
The easiest is to have the instructions posted on the web pages that accompany the download links, which is what we have. :?

Pieter, I hears what you are saying shipmate but you are talking as a person who is familiar with his way around these decks. I am coming from the side that is far from familiar and It is a struggle finding ones way around! :wp That 'read more' is not all that easy to find mate, remember I am talking from not knowing where anything is! Everything in a zip, is much more accessible and easy. Apart from anything else, a zip file provides a damn good storage case, on one's hard drive after download. Dead easy to keep on file somewhere, rather than a multitude of .exe's kicking about...eh? Just a suggestion mate, is all! :cheeky

I don't like that "Read More" button either; the way I figure it, that text should be always visible with the download.
That isn't an option though. What I could do next time is to put the installer + a ReadMe file in a ZIP file.
I reckon regular ZIP files should be openable by any computer without any special programs installed.

You do make a valid point and it's true that despite everything I've tried so far, people are still confused on the installation.
At least it is nowadays just Build 14 Beta 1 + a Patch, which is a lot easier than some of the instructions we've had in the past,
eg. install Build 13 Final + Build 14 Alpha 8 + Build 14 Alpha 9 Light + Build 14 Alpha 9 Patch 3 or something like that! :shock

Cheers, mate. I'll do that for the next full release. :doff

Did you get the pack installed properly yet? Did you have a play around? :woot

Yeh I has installed de game ans all de 'trimmin's' mate, do openin sequels look awsome but I got t'find mi ways ararnd ageern. I's went on deck wit de bosun fur a trail, but I's got tied up wit a canon dar ons de deck like, took mi a whiles t'get away...in fact i's 'ad to reboot t'get away???? :yes

I'm not quite sure what you mean. In any case, if you have any questions or issues, be sure to let us know. :yes

3.41? Wow, that is an old one! What's the date on the file Ben? How big is it mate? If it's not to big, could you please upload it to the FTP or Rapidshare or something, I would really like to have a look at that one! :onya

I's sent it up 'ere Thagarr lad sumweer????? :woot Let mi nose if'n ye ain't got it1 Send mi yer addys ans i'll send it that ways! ;) :will

Back