• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Best "Vanilla fixe" Mod

Captain_Relish

Landlubber
Hello all,

I played PotC mod 5 years ago and I didn't like it for some reasons:

I didn't like the lack of uniformity; that is, some ships where incredibly detailed while some other where unchanged from the original version. Also, some building and characters (that had been added by the mod) looked very different from the building or character from the original version. Overall, that quite removed the immersion feeling you where getting in the original game (At least, that I was getting back in the days).

So now, I want to try COAS (I never played any version of AoP before) so I can explore a brand new world. However, I am aware that the vanilla version had some major issues (complicated menus and such).

In summary, I am looking for a mod that will blend in perfectly with the original game (Where I won't notice the fact that it is a modded game) while fixing the issues and *maybe* add some interesting new content, as long as it blends in. I also want it to be the most historically accurate as possible concerning the cities and the ships (the quest can be as eccentric as you want, it does not matter to me).

TL;DR I am looking for a mod that will blend in perfectly with the original game while fixing the major issues.

P.S. English is my second language, please excuse any weird sentences in this post or in futures post :)

Last edited:
Methinks you are SOL. All of the mods are a mixture of old and new. The CMV is probably the least changed mod.

Well, it does not matter if there is new stuff, as long as I can't tell that, for example, one ship has a totally different level of detail compared to an other ship. As I never played COAS, I don't want to be able to tell what is new and what is old.

I think this is the oldest version of our CoAS modpack that is still available: http://www.moddb.com/mods/city-of-abandoned-ships-combined-mods/downloads/combined-mod-v320

Note that over the past five years, we have spent a LOT of work on creating a more consistent quality on our PotC modpack.
That means we removed a lot of substandard models and upgraded nearly all the other ones with added detail. Some have even been completely remodeled.
As for the mod-added 'BuildingSet' buildings, I know what you mean. You can disable them through the ingame "Advanced Options" menu though.
So you might want to give PotC: Build 14 Beta 3 another chance again at some point as well. :doff

Back