• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Beta Build 14 Installer Error

ClysmiC

HoO Team Member
Programmer
Provisional
Disregard the topic title. I fixed that error, only to meet a new one. I have installed the stock game, the build 14, and patch 5 all into one folder (not in program files). I also have swift-shader in that folder, as I have an intel :(
The stock game works, yet when install build 14 and patch 5 and try to run the game I receive this error.

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\"MyName"\POTC\ENGINE.exe

abnormal program termination

I followed all of the installation instructions, including running the runme.bat and rename.bat.

Any help here?

EDIT: After like my 4th or 5th attempt, trying various different things, I was able to get the game to run after installing only build 14. I believe if I try to install patch 5 though, the game might crash again....
I guess I'll test it out.

HUZZAH! I decided to try installing it without Swiftshader 2.0 and it worked! I thought the swiftshader would help, as I am currently using the swiftshader demo to workaround my intel graphics card, but I think it was the cause of all of those error messages. Only took me like 8 hours of downloading, backing up files, and installing multiple times to figure it out... oh well. Totally worth it :onya

Yes. That is a common error. I have done that too. If you need swiftshader it is best to download and install it separately. The same thing goes for ENB.

I'm glad you got it installed. :cheers

Back