• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Better notification for morale drop

Nickos

Landlubber
So, I've actually reinstalled the game twice, redownloaded the Build parts once again and it seems to be finally be working now. Hooray! Too bad my crew always jumps to awful morale from excellent for no apparent reason, but hey, I can at least board ships.

In short: the problem was a faulty installation of the game, the two parts got messed up, the B14 being installed on top of an earlier version of the mod, etc...

How much money do you have? If you have over $1,000,000 your crew gets unhappy.

How much money do you have? If you have over $1,000,000 your crew gets unhappy.
If that happens, the game should give this on-screen log message:
Code:
"Captain, the crew is envious of the amount of money we have on board and wants to sign articles"
Perhaps that isn't obvious enough? Maybe we can make it a questbook entry instead, so it "sticks"?

Maybe a shiplog entry for every moral drop with the reason why?

Questbook draws more attention to it due to the "bing" sound. Plus people probably check it more frequently too.

So what other things should be listed then? I will make it.

If the moral drops under a certain value there will be a questbook entry to warn you for mutiny and it will show the reasons why the moral drops. But could you please list the main reasons? Then I will try to find out how to code it etc.

As far as I know the reasons are:
- Having to much money
- Your reputation being different from other officers
- Not having enough leadership
- Not paying enough

At the moment, the "too much money" thing is already added as a Questbook entry.

Reputation being different from your companion captains only influences the morale on the companion ships, but not your own.

Other than that, morale depends on:
- How things go during a battle
- Double rum rations increase morale (with the occasional brawl that drops it down)
- Half food rations decreases morale and having no food at all gets you a mutiny real quick
- Regular salary payment does not influence morale, until you amass more than 1 million gold above the estimated monthly pay
- On Divide the Plunder mode, morale depends heavily on the amount of money and the length of the expedition
- Lower leadership skill does decrease your average morale and the Iron Will ability increases it as well

Pretty much all of this is handled in PROGRAM\WorldMap\DailyCrewUpdate.c .
I rewrote almost all that morale code fairly recently and it should be making a bit more sense than before.

Back