• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

Right, here's a working QAR v1.2, available from the same place as last time: http://www.pyratesah...R_v1.2%20WIP.7z
I've just updated the file containing the hull and original 'extras' texture, so be sure NOT to overwrite anything you've done to 'QAR_Extras.tga'.
This is identical to the original 1.2, but with locators. I'll make the new modifications for v1.3 soon.

To those who want to use this ship as is, remember there will be black patches in some places until LS releases his textures.

ok
it works on aop:ct
good job :onya
now wait for LS`s textures and ill post the qar1.2 version for aop:ct

Right, here's a working QAR v1.2, available from the same place as last time: http://www.pyratesah...R_v1.2%20WIP.7z
I've just updated the file containing the hull and original 'extras' texture, so be sure NOT to overwrite anything you've done to 'QAR_Extras.tga'.
This is identical to the original 1.2, but with locators. I'll make the new modifications for v1.3 soon.

To those who want to use this ship as is, remember there will be black patches in some places until LS releases his textures.

ok

The textures don't working in my computer. :shrug :facepalm Where I must copy the files: QAR-Extras.tga and QAR-Extras-UVs.tga? Please someone help me! :eek:k

ok

The textures don't working in my computer. :shrug :facepalm Where I must copy the files: QAR-Extras.tga and QAR-Extras-UVs.tga? Please someone help me! :eek:k

mean
ive just test the QAR.gm xD:
the other ones are for LS (think soo):shrug
try read better armadas post
it says " To those who want to use this ship as is, remember there will be black patches in some places until LS releases his textures."

Yes, those were for me, so until I release the textures, you'll have black rectangles on the ship. I'm almost done with that particular file. I'm just waiting for Aramda to modify the stern one so I can finish it.

Ok the makeover of the Pearl's figurehead is all done.

[attachment=7182:Fullscreen capture 9182011 30802 PM.jpg]

Blimey, that looks brilliant! Very 'statuesque'. :woot

Any news on how the Revenge looks in-game with your textures, yet?

Blimey, that looks brilliant! Very 'statuesque'. :woot

Any news on how the Revenge looks in-game with your textures, yet?

Hard to say . . . I'm so glazed over from working on this all day every day that I'm having a hard time telling if it looks good or not. lol Lemme get a screenie for you.
rolleyes.gif

And thanks for the kudos on the figurehead. I worked hard to make her look beautiful like the real one. I actually found a headshot of a model that looked like the figurehead and used her face for the Pear's figurehead. lol And the rest of the figurehead was textured with photos of the real thing. It was a bit more complex than I expected it to be.

Ok here's some screenies of the QAR in-game. She's still not done. I need to do her masts and a few other things. I'm wondering if the hull needs to be darkened? And something about the sails is still pissing me off, but I can't put my finger on it . . .

[attachment=7183:moddingNGINE 2011-09-18 15-44-18-67.jpg] [attachment=7184:moddingNGINE 2011-09-18 15-43-24-46.jpg] [attachment=7185:moddingNGINE 2011-09-18 15-42-51-47.jpg]

[attachment=7187:moddingNGINE 2011-09-18 15-53-20-02.jpg] [attachment=7188:moddingNGINE 2011-09-18 15-53-10-66.jpg] [attachment=7189:moddingNGINE 2011-09-18 15-52-48-63.jpg]

[attachment=7190:moddingNGINE 2011-09-18 15-52-37-88.jpg] [attachment=7191:moddingNGINE 2011-09-18 15-52-26-04.jpg] [attachment=7192:moddingNGINE 2011-09-18 15-52-12-80.jpg]

[attachment=7193:moddingNGINE 2011-09-18 15-51-05-77.jpg] [attachment=7194:moddingNGINE 2011-09-18 15-50-54-52.jpg]

Let me know what you think. I might just be too glazed over and full of crap. lol

Well she's looking excellent overall, that's for sure! :onya

I can't quite decide what to do with those rings. :facepalm
I'm just slightly worried that removing the 3D ones will make the textured ones look too flat, but it's hard to say. What's your opinion?

As for darkening the hull, I don't think that's necessary. She looks dark enough to me.
Oh, and stop fussing about the sails. You did a great job on them already! :slap

Well she's looking excellent overall, that's for sure! :onya

I can't quite decide what to do with those rings. :facepalm
I'm just slightly worried that removing the 3D ones will make the textured ones look too flat, but it's hard to say. What's your opinion?

As for darkening the hull, I don't think that's necessary. She looks dark enough to me.
Oh, and stop fussing about the sails. You did a great job on them already! :slap

I don't know either. I did a pretty good job of blending the colors together, so the rings aren't super noticeable till you're standing on deck right next to them looking right at them. But I can see what you mean about them possibly looking flat. I'm just not sure.
dunno.gif

I'm pretty pleased on how she's turning out so far. Once I release the textures, you'll have to look around the ship and tell me if you can spot the "hidden mickey" I put in. lol
icon_wink.gif

I think that she looks fantastic. One little thing, I think the walls of the cabins are a bit red in my opinion. The ship's looking excellent, well done

in my opinion youve done a GREATE job LS
one lil thing(i dont want to piss offi)but wheres the glass , the skeletons that are on the sides of the back cabbin, dont you think you must make em compatible with the cabbins gold colour(think soo)
if you think is good, its enaugh xD: (i know you want an acurate ship)
iss the photo number 5 that youve post above :j2
thpirateshipff.gif

I think that she looks fantastic. One little thing, I think the walls of the cabins are a bit red in my opinion. The ship's looking excellent, well done

Yeah that's on my list of stuff to do, don't worry.
me.gif

one lil thing(i dont want to piss offi)but wheres the glass , the skeletons that are on the sides of the back cabbin, dont you think you must make em compatible with the cabbins gold colour(think soo)
thpirateshipff.gif

Because of the nature of the UV map for the glass on the back of the cabin, I can't recreate the stain glass windows with the skeletons on them. The UV map takes a small bit of glass and repeats it over and over. I DID however use glass from the actual ship. If Armada were to make a new UV map for the glass, then I could probably pull off what you're talking about. You just gotta remember that some of the maps for these textures have bizarre properties and getting them to do what you want can be quite tricky. (i.e. the figurehead)
sailr.gif

Armada, I noticed the sail on the bowspirit has no ropes attached to it. That needs to be addressed.

Yeah that's on my list of stuff to do, don't worry.
me.gif

thpirateshipff.gif

Because of the nature of the UV map for the glass on the back of the cabin, I can't recreate the stain glass windows with the skeletons on them. The UV map takes a small bit of glass and repeats it over and over. I DID however use glass from the actual ship. If Armada were to make a new UV map for the glass, then I could probably pull off what you're talking about. You just gotta remember that some of the maps for these textures have bizarre properties and getting them to do what you want can be quite tricky. (i.e. the figurehead)
sailr.gif
no no no
the glass is good
i mean the textures that are next to the glass ( i didnt mean the skeletons of the stain glass windows xD:)(if yove speaked about this in this post,sorry,im trying to understand xD:)

LS
for the black pearl
will you change something on the figures that are where the lights(the ones with tridents)???

If Armada were to make a new UV map for the glass, then I could probably pull off what you're talking about.
Do you want me to try that, then? Should be possible, I might just need to move the location of the window UVs on the texture, though.

Armada, I noticed the sail on the bowspirit has no ropes attached to it. That needs to be addressed.
Yeah I noticed from your screenshots. It's also caused the lower yard on the bowsprit to remain static, rather than move with the top one.
I'll sort it out soon.

Back