• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

To Legendary Spider: Now that the Queen Anne's Revenge is in Patch 7, do you mind if we remove the separate downloads from the ModDB?

That Pearl ship with the blue/yellow paint scheme could pass off as a Wicked Wench :sail
Makes her look like a British Royal Navy ships though, while the Wicked Wench was an EITC ship.
I like our old Wicked Wench paint scheme, which seems to have caught on publicly as the way she's supposed to look too!

To Legendary Spider: Now that the Queen Anne's Revenge is in Patch 7, do you mind if we remove the separate downloads from the ModDB?

Go ahead. While all this is going on, Imma update one track in my music pack since you're gonna advertise it and people might take interest in it again.

Makes her look like a British Royal Navy ships though, while the Wicked Wench was an EITC ship.
I like our old Wicked Wench paint scheme, which seems to have caught on publicly as the way she's supposed to look too!

-sigh- You're gonna make me do 2 versions of the Wicked Wench, aren't you? Just say yes. lol
icon_wink.gif

I'll just keep quiet so you can't accuse me of forcing you to make more textures again... :razz

Go ahead. While all this is going on, Imma update one track in my music pack since you're gonna advertise it and people might take interest in it again.
I did include it in here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/15382-build-14-beta-1/page__view__findpost__p__357305
Though that isn't very obvious, is it? We'll make some better advertisement once you've redone your pack then.

-sigh- You're gonna make me do 2 versions of the Wicked Wench, aren't you? Just say yes. lol
icon_wink.gif
I just like the old look and that's all I'm saying. :shrug

Ugh. Fine. I'll do 2 Wicked Wench textures.
urgh.gif
lol Just get that figure head off for me. And give it the same UV mapping you gave the Pearl.

How does this look? http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/images/greek-fire
The only thing I changed is the particle effect shown when firing the QAR's bow chasers; not sure how to go about making them extra powerful.
In fact, with all the "cursed ship superpowers", I'm thinking for gameplay purposes, they SHOULDN'T be extra powerful.
Except maybe give the QAR for free the bow chaser upgrades you can otherwise buy or something.

Nope. I wonder if we can do that; to make the QAR's bow chasers instantly cause fire on another ship. Ugh. Sounds annoying. :facepalm

Nope. I wonder if we can do that; to make the QAR's bow chasers instantly cause fire on another ship. Ugh. Sounds annoying. :facepalm

That's not actually where the fire is supposed to come from, but I guess that can't really be helped?
dunno.gif
From what I can tell from the movie, the fire actually comes from those funny symbols I stuck on the bottom of the bow.

Every project is annoying in it's own right. Some day I'd like to learn to do more technical stuff like you and Armada, but I'm content with texturing for now. I'm sure Armada is relieved to have his load lightened a bit. lol

I really DON'T want to have the effect come from a place that DOESN'T have cannon locators. It's hard enough as it is! :shock
Does the Queen Anne's Revenge have bow chasers in the film? If now, remove them from the model and move the cannon locators to where the fire is supposed to come from.
That'll really hurt the bow chasers' range though, because they aren't so far up and they're still firing cannon balls.

I really DON'T want to have the effect come from a place that DOESN'T have cannon locators. It's hard enough as it is! :shock
Does the Queen Anne's Revenge have bow chasers in the film? If now, remove them from the model and move the cannon locators to where the fire is supposed to come from.
That'll really hurt the bow chasers' range though, because they aren't so far up and they're still firing cannon balls.

Meh. I'm sure everyone can live with the fire coming from the wrong spot. Since the Pearl didn't have chasers at all, I doubt the QAR did either.

I still don't know why they never gave the Pearl chasers. What kind of pirate ship doesn't have chasers?
dunno.gif

Whooooooooaaaaaaaa. Hold it. something is wrong with the QAR. She's way darker than she's supposed to be, and one of her textures looks like it's missing and she has that stupid little mini sail again.

Pieter did you use ALL my files from my download?
dunno.gif
Something is messed up somewhere.

I thought I did. Maybe you can upload the whole bunch again just to be sure so I can include her correctly for Beta 2? But she's still got some work in progress, right?
And maybe we really should remove those two bow chasers and give her the Greek Fire from the correct spot instead while we're at it.

My latest code on the Greek Fire is included in here for testing:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/12605-flying-dutchman/page__view__findpost__p__411065

Ok I fixed it. Here's the fix Pieter: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Legendary_Spider/RESOURCE.7z

Install the contents of that into your RESOURCE folder.

Damn. So everybody that downloaded Patch 7 has the messed up version.
modding.gif
Well, at least she'll be good for Beta 2.

I thought I did. Maybe you can upload the whole bunch again just to be sure so I can include her correctly for Beta 2? But she's still got some work in progress, right?
And maybe we really should remove those two bow chasers and give her the Greek Fire from the correct spot instead while we're at it.

Are you suuuuuuuuuuure we should move her chasers?
dunno.gif
Won't BM have to change the model?

Back