• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

Sometimes you get these GM files that just corrupt as soon as you touch them and do anything. Maybe if you re-export the file, it'll work? Or make on tiny adjustment somewhere else?

Well I had another look at the model, and all I found was that the helm was double-sided.
Fixed that, exported again, but TOOL still corrupts it. I just don't get it. :facepalm

Do you still have a copy of the file from before you edited her? When you export that, does she work?

Luckily, yes. I kept a version of the file from before making the changes, and that one worked recently. :onya
Perhaps I could try making the changes again using the older model, and see if it works.

Did you manage to convince the QAR without bow chasers to work yet? In the worst case, we'll just have to deal with bow chasers that don't fire but the Greek Fire that does work. :shrug

Haven't managed to try again yet, I'm afraid. I'll work on it when I get a chance. :mm

Thanks a lot. Let me know if it doesn't work out and then I'll just put the locators back where we want them.

For now, I've stuck the bow chaser locators back to their Greek Fire Positions. If you don't manage to sort this out for Beta 2, it shouldn't matter too much.
Tough luck that the bow chasers don't fire, but the Greek Fire should more than make up for that! :whipa

OK, I'm sure it won't matter too much if the chasers stay for decorative purposes for now.
I'll still see if I can remove them again without corrupting the file.

Will do. Texture work and porting the Christianus are more important at the moment. :dance

Did anyone ever post the updated file to put the fire back in the right spot? Thankfully, I think I'm done with what I need from the greek fire for video purposes.

I did the work for that today, but didn't post the file. Since apparently you're interested, here it is: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/build/b14_b2_wip/QueenAnnesRevenge.7z :doff

I can't wait to be done with this video.
urgh.gif

Making good videos sucks. I don't know why I repeatedly subject myself to that abuse. lol
modding.gif

I guess the final product and people's reactions make the reward worth the torment.
rolleyes.gif

Does the fire icon on the screen also persist? I've noticed in the past that even if you DO execute a successful firedrill, the fire graphics do not stop straight away.
It seems that a fire has to last a certain amount of time and it BLOODY WELL WILL DO SO even we've already extinguished it. :facepalm

Back