• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

Also, you mentioned I should put this ship in the video, but I don't seem to have it. Caravela Redonda

And which Revenge should I use? I took some video of Revenge1.

Caravela Redonda is CaravelR1, which should be in Patch 7.

Any Revenge is fine; they're all the same model, just different colours.

Armada, when you put the unique Constitution in Patch 7, you forgot to use that fix that you gave me to make the stars and eagle appear. Pieter, here is the file to fix that. Make sure to put that in Beta 2: Constitution2.7z

Pieter, I can't get the steam frigate to work. No matter what I assign the buttons to, I can't get the engines to respond.
dunno.gif

Well the video's coming along nicely.
me.gif

Probably woulda been further along than it is, but I totally burned out on the game and took a week long break from it. But I'm back on track now.
keith.gif

At my current pace, it'll probably be done a few days before Christmas. I'd better have it done by then. I know you want to release this by year's end and once Christmas Eve hits, I'll doubt I'll be working on anything much.
rolleyes.gif

Armada, when you put the unique Constitution in Patch 7, you forgot to use that fix that you gave me to make the stars and eagle appear. Pieter, here is the file to fix that. Make sure to put that in Beta 2: Constitution2.7z
I'll stick it in. :doff

Pieter, I can't get the steam frigate to work. No matter what I assign the buttons to, I can't get the engines to respond.
dunno.gif
By default, they should respond to Numpad [+] [-] and [*]. Does your cheatmode work with the Numpad? Do you have Numlock on?

My laptop doesn't have a numpad, so I tried assigning different buttons to it,. but nothing seems to be working.
dunno.gif

My laptop doesn't have a numpad, so I tried assigning different buttons to it,. but nothing seems to be working.
dunno.gif
After reassigning in PROGRAM\CONTROLS\DefaultControls.h, are you resetting the controls to default? Otherwise your changes don't take effect.

I have no idea when I'm gonna get the video done now.
dunno.gif
Real life keeps getting in the way. I was hoping to have it done by now. Looks like we might have to go back to the idea of this being a post release trailer than a teaser one.

If you leave them out, that should decrease the amount of time and effort you need to finish it, right? We don't REALLY need ALL ships in there; as long as some of the good new ones make it. :yes

You could save me a little time if you just sent me some video of those new ships. since I don't even have them. 30 seconds or so should suffice.

I've never made a video in my life. Am working on getting the Beta 2 files ready.
I might do an internal release of it before doing the final release; just to be sure it isn't massively messed up for no good reason.

I just meant some simple video capture with FRAPS.
The internal release would certainly let me go through stuff to put in the video and at the same time, test stuff for you.
icon_wink.gif

Ugh. My head won't stop spinning. So dizzy. Something's screwing with my equilibrium.
sick.gif

I just meant some simple video capture with FRAPS.
I figured as much, but as I said: I've never done that before and don't have FRAPS. I could figure it out if I really had to, but I've got all sorts of other things to do as it is.
Didn't Hylie Pistof post some videos occasionally? Maybe he can help with it. And I know he's got the new ships installed, because he's the one who ported them.

My Fraps install has gone bad. For some reason when I try to take a video the fps drops to 4 fps. It's been like this for 2 months now and I have not figured out why yet. :modding

No, I'll do them, but I still need those ships. Or I can just wait till your internal release, but that will mean more of a delay on the video.

So far, I have the movie ships special abilities, the steamships, the revenge, the caravel1 or whatever it's called, the abby challenge, the victory, constitution, wicked wench, new black pearl, queen anne's revenge, un cursed dutchman green flash bit, some battle footage, some storm footage, some sword play, and tia dalma. What else do you want in the video?
william.gif

I think that covers pretty much the majority. It isn't all-inclusive, but it's a trailer, so it doesn't have to be.
Maybe some stuff featuring the town models? But that's not exactly crucial either.

Did you manage to get the steamships to work at last?

I think that covers pretty much the majority. It isn't all-inclusive, but it's a trailer, so it doesn't have to be.
Maybe some stuff featuring the town models? But that's not exactly crucial either.

Did you manage to get the steamships to work at last?

Yes I did.
me.gif
Really? You're happy with that? I thought I was being rather conservative. lol
rolleyes.gif
Well that's good to know. I'd still like to include those new ships though. But if you think I should just wrap it in a neat little bow as is, I will.
keith.gif

But you know how I am . . . hahaha
type_1.gif

As far as I'm concerned, that sounds quite fine to me. We've shown ALL new ships as screenshots on the ModDB and Facebook profile already; we can leave out a few from the video.
We'll see where I get with the preliminary internal release and then you can see if you want to add the remaining ships or just release the video as it stands.

Back