• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

Someone can send me a darkest version of the Pearl, for AOP:CT? :shrug The first version is very bright. :? Doesn't look good for the new sails... :no

For the umpteenth time, I will post the textures when they are finished.
mybad.gif
And I will give the prow a look although it looked pretty close to me.

I haven't done anything lately. I'm busy trying to bring in money and not be homeless. But it looks like I'm gonna be homeless anyway.
icon_sad.gif

I've got way too much real life crap going on to do work on the ships at the moment. Luckily, there's not much to do till Armada does his bit anyway.

I hope you call can continue to be patient and bear with me, and maybe even say a little prayer for me because my world is teetering on the edge right now.
dunno.gif

I'm so sorry LS! :( I hope, the things will turn right. ;) Don't forget, you are one of the best ship modellers! :bow :j2 :warr

I'm so sorry LS! :( I hope, the things will turn right. ;) Don't forget, you are one of the best ship modellers! :bow :j2 :warr

Thanks mate. Actually, Bonjourmonami and Armada did the modelling, I had nothing to do with that. I'm doing the texturing. But I know what you meant. Thanks again.
me.gif

On top of everything else, I've been sick all week. lol

LS, here are the updates you wanted, at long last: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Experienced%20Captain/Back-up,%20WIP%20and%20unreleased/BPandQAR_updates.7z
The Revenge has new surfaces behind the figurehead, the figurehead has horns (and has been reshaped slightly), and the stern surfaces have been enlarged.
Be sure to note the comment I made in the 'QAR_extras_UVs2.tga' file, about leaving a transparent gap for the stern chasers.

The Pearl has had its keel remapped to match the hull, and had a minor UV error fixed by the helm.
I've also remapped the stern to a separate part of the texture, so you can add the extra details you mentioned. Saves having to add more polygons like on the Revenge.
The cabin table has also been remapped, so it can be textured properly. See the UV map included for all these changes.

Hopefully that's everything, at least for now. If you need anything else, I'll make you walk the plank... just ask. ;)

I hope things work out for you financially, BTW. We don't want to lose you, mate! :drunk

Hopefully that's everything, at least for now. If you need anything else, I'll make you walk the plank... just ask. ;)

I hope things work out for you financially, BTW. We don't want to lose you, mate!
buds.gif

Thanks. You won't lose me, I just won't be on as often. I did have one question though: Did you ever fix the yard just above the lateen on both ships? Even though we decided to keep the lateens on both ships fixed, the yard just above the lateen needs to be able to move.

Oh yeah, that yard. It turns out it's not actually fixed to the model, but it's attached like all other yards using a locator.
The trouble is, it won't act like it's meant to unless it has sail locators. The same goes for the lower yard on the Revenge's bowsprit. :facepalm
I'll have to add a minuscule sail, hidden inside the yard, and that should fix it.

Oh yeah, that yard. It turns out it's not actually fixed to the model, but it's attached like all other yards using a locator.
The trouble is, it won't act like it's meant to unless it has sail locators. The same goes for the lower yard on the Revenge's bowsprit. :facepalm
I'll have to add a minuscule sail, hidden inside the yard, and that should fix it.

Hopefully that's not too hard of a fix. Don't forget, BOTH ships have this problem. I wasn't sure if the Revenge's bowspirit yard was supposed to move or not.

Armada, you're gonna smack me, but you forgot to do these lower parts here.
dunno.gif

[attachment=7307:gm_view 2011-10-01 23-09-47-51.jpg] [attachment=7308:gm_view 2011-10-01 23-09-00-40.jpg]

Oh crap. :facepalm Is it not possible to do it using the current UV map? You know, by good ol' fashioned trial and error?
If not... ugh... I guess I'll do something about it, whether it's remapping UVs or adding surfaces.

Is there anything else besides that and the yards, while we're at it? :razz

Oh crap. :facepalm Is it not possible to do it using the current UV map? You know, by good ol' fashioned trial and error?
If not... ugh... I guess I'll do something about it, whether it's remapping UVs or adding surfaces.

Is there anything else besides that and the yards, while we're at it? :razz

I wouldn't ask if I hadn't already tried that.
razz.gif
Sorry. lol It shouldn't be too tough.

Um, no, nothing more that I can think of. Hopefully this will be the last thing . . .
rolleyes.gif

This is the great progress they make black pearl ausehen as the film of the
only the sail texture is poor, star figures are still dark to light

Something news with the light problems, glogoglo?

oh
about that
:D i must send the files to an aopct modder
ive tried something . the results are that the light work when on 1 person on the deck and i seeem in the ship form on 3d
in the image (the red mark) indicates the lights from the qar

Attachments

• Dibujo.jpg
    Dibujo.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 162
Any news, LS? How's the texturing going on the Revenge? I'm not rushing you, I'm just curious.
I'll sort out the Pearl and yards for both ships very soon. Just let me know when you think either ship is release-ready. ;)

Any news, LS? How's the texturing going on the Revenge? I'm not rushing you, I'm just curious.
I'll sort out the Pearl and yards for both ships very soon. Just let me know when you think either ship is release-ready. ;)

Well it looks like I brought in enough money to not be homeless through Halloween. November is still a big question mark though. Sadly, I haven't worked on the ships at all since you gave me the updated file.
dunno.gif

Still trying to bring in money, but I'm gonna see if I can sneak some work on the ships in today.
me.gif
As usual, I'll post progress pics and blah blah blah . . . .lol

No worries, just keep doing what's most important for your situation. Anything you can do to the ships, I'll consider to be a bonus. :onya
Besides, you don't want to miss out on November; that's when Build 14 Beta 2 will be released! ;)

You're pretty far south, so at least the weather isn't as bad as say, Minnesota. You probably aren't in a position to do this now, but decades ago I had this yellow Chevrolet van. Curtains all around, a queen size mattress, blankets and sleeping bag, ice chests, fishing pole and tackle box, and a tool box and spare parts. It was constantly breaking down. And a fm radio 8 track tape play with 8" (200mm) speakers. All the comforts of home. The local college had a gym where I could take showers, so it wasn't too bad.

Anyway, best of luck.

No worries, just keep doing what's most important for your situation. Anything you can do to the ships, I'll consider to be a bonus. :onya
Besides, you don't want to miss out on November; that's when Build 14 Beta 2 will be released! ;)

Hopefully I can have them both (or at least the QAR) rekeased by the time Pirates 4 comes on on BR and DVD on the 18th. I'm working on the Revenge right now.

Back