• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

Good job on the carving LS, do you think you should add a bit of the black pearl texture mostly transparent on top so they're more alike

I figured out what you meant. How's this look?
hi.gif

[attachment=7482:Fullscreen capture 11112011 22955 AM.jpg]

Good job on the carving LS, do you think you should add a bit of the black pearl texture mostly transparent on top so they're more alike

hi.gif

Absolutely perfick

I've been doing some tinkering with the Black Pearl's figurehead.She is now more akin to the figurehead of CotBP, looking more feminine and with a more CotBP accurate pose.
black_pearl_figurehead_tinkerings_by_bonjourmonami-d4fsxah.jpg

Interested?

Bonjourmonami, would you at all be interested in making lion head gunports for the Flying Dutchman as captained by Will Turner?
The ship model we've got, the texture we've got, Armada can remove the skeleton from the bow, but the one thing he can't do easily is to change the cursed look of the gunports...

Is the uncursed dutchman in b14 p6? from what I saw from Armada's screen cap on the last page they looked pretty good to me. But tell me where to find the UC Dutchman and I'll take a look, do you mean the textures or the actual shapes of the gunports?

As far as I know, the figurehead doesn't change in any of the movies. But it looks good.
me.gif

I need to give her a new high-res texture. I take it she's still using the same texture as before?

As for that stern carving, I noticed the back of the stern on the model there is a little too far up on the sides, so I had to move the top of the carving up a bit. I'm concerned it looks too far away from the main part because of all that empty space. Does it look ok to you?

hi.gif

Absolutely perfick

I've been doing some tinkering with the Black Pearl's figurehead.She is now more akin to the figurehead of CotBP, looking more feminine and with a more CotBP accurate pose.
black_pearl_figurehead_tinkerings_by_bonjourmonami-d4fsxah.jpg

Interested?

Yes I'm interested, could you send me the update please, so I can give her a nice high-res texture?

Yeah she still uses the same texture. The carving looks good to me, maybe if you stretch the uv points or the texture a little then it would fit.
I'll sned her with the damaged hull when it's done. nearly finished on that.

In CotBP she's leaning forward with her right leg bent slightly, but in the others she's not leaning at all and her legs are pretty much symetrical
By the bye, is there by any chance a model of the Unicorn from Tintin in the game?

Is the uncursed dutchman in b14 p6? from what I saw from Armada's screen cap on the last page they looked pretty good to me. But tell me where to find the UC Dutchman and I'll take a look, do you mean the textures or the actual shapes of the gunports?
She's in here: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Experienced%20Captain/Content_for_Patch7.7z
It's the shapes that would be the main challenge here.

In CotBP she's leaning forward with her right leg bent slightly, but in the others she's not leaning at all and her legs are pretty much symetrical
By the bye, is there by any chance a model of the Unicorn from Tintin in the game?
We've got La_Licorne, which is a stock AoP/CoAS ship textured by Seb' to look like the Unicorn.

Yeah she still uses the same texture. The carving looks good to me, maybe if you stretch the uv points or the texture a little then it would fit.
I'll sned her with the damaged hull when it's done. nearly finished on that.

Well Armada would have to look at that. I know nothing of UV mapping. I DID warp the texture of the carving to fit the shape of the model.

I'll tell you what is problematic: Those neptune/sea monster statues. It's hard to texture them because they don't have the same shape as the real ones.
dunno.gif

I guess for the neptune/sea monster statues, I'll have to do what I did for the figurehead and use a real person's face. For the figurehead, I found a hot model that happened to look like the Angel on the Pearl. So I'll look around for some old men that look like Neptune or Poseidon or whatever you wanna call him.
rolleyes.gif

Speaking of which . . . Perhaps Armada should change it so he only has one face. lol Anyone but me notice he has a face on both sides of his head?
mybad.gif

I'm gonna have to lighten those planks behind the carving a little. They're actually the same color as the rest of the hull, but the carving creates an optical illusion of them being darker.

At this rate, it won't be long before the Pearl is done. Check out her new stern detail.

[attachment=7485:Fullscreen capture 11112011 85054 AM.jpg] [attachment=7486:Fullscreen capture 11112011 85102 AM.jpg]

She's not done yet but here's her current progress shot. I've stayed up for like 36 hours and I have my 10 year high school reunion tomorrow, so now I'm off to sleep. Pieter, is there anything you need me to send you? Tell me whatever you need. The "final drafts" of the 2 ships aren't done yet, so I assume you're gonna use the "first drafts"?
keith.gif

[attachment=7492:moddingNGINE 2011-11-12 03-42-31-32.jpg]

If you've got any QAR updated textures, please let me know. I don't want to include the Black Pearl until we've got a working crew walk file for her, so unless that's done in the next day or so, she wouldn't end up in Patch 7.

If you've got any QAR updated textures, please let me know. I don't want to include the Black Pearl until we've got a working crew walk file for her, so unless that's done in the next day or so, she wouldn't end up in Patch 7.

BM updated the model slightly and I updated those cabin skeletons. I'll upload that to my FTP. Do you require the ShipsInit.C coding?

I don't need the ship's code, unless it was changed for some reason. The ship is working properly in my game already.

I don't need the ship's code, unless it was changed for some reason. The ship is working properly in my game already.

Ok, here is the updated QAR model: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Legendary_Spider/QueenAnnesRevenge.gm

And here is the updated texture with the new high-res skeletons on the cabins: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Legendary_Spider/theQueenAnnesRevenge.tga.tx

Anything else you need from me? So no Pearl stuff at all?

Back