• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

Wow! lol Check out this difference!

Here is the Pearl fresh off the factory floor when bounjourmonami released her:

[attachment=7496:Fullscreen capture 8262011 104028 PM.bmp]

And here's what she looks like currently:

[attachment=7497:Fullscreen capture 11122011 120626 AM.bmp]

Just a bit of a difference. lol I had no idea she's come so far!
me.gif

LS/ Armada, do you rememeber when we started work on the BP and QAR I asked if we could have a royal navy? Well what do you think of this?
This is what I think the Pearl would look like on the service of the king.

his_majesty__s_ship_black_pearl_by_bonjourmonami-d4g0ulh.jpg

I'll send you the new damaged black pearl hull, figurehead and railings un/damaged today Armada

Anything else you need from me? So no Pearl stuff at all?
Not until somebody sorts out her crew walk file; I would find it too unfortunately to lose the crew on her, since that would be a downgrade. Especially since she's the only ship with curse crew. :facepalm

Just a bit of a difference. lol I had no idea she's come so far!
me.gif
Beautiful indeed! :woot

I don't know why they got turned into download links. I wanted to post the pics.
dunno.gif
They're 3MB BMP files; posting them as JPG probably works better. :shrug

LS/ Armada, do you rememeber when we started work on the BP and QAR I asked if we could have a royal navy? Well what do you think of this?
This is what I think the Pearl would look like on the service of the king.
I'll send you the new damaged black pearl hull, figurehead and railings un/damaged today Armada

Looks good. I still wanna have a go at her.

Then once Armada does his thing, I can do mine.
me.gif

Ok here are the before and after shots of the Pearl again in the right format this time.
rolleyes.gif

BEFORE:

[attachment=7506:Fullscreen capture 8262011 104028 PM.jpg]

AFTER:

[attachment=7505:Fullscreen capture 11122011 120626 AM.jpg]

Weren't the purewhite common and plain sails supposed to have the horizontal stripe on the one, but not the other?
That way, half the sails on a purewhite ship would get the stripe and half not. I think it was like that in a gray and distant past, but apparently no more for quite some time already.
"Plain" ends up on the sails that would otherwise get an emblem and "Common" ends up on the others.
So probably "plain" should have the stripe and "common" should not. Will probably require some sorting out for custom-sailed ships in ships_init.c too.
So what purpose would that serve? Is that supposedly more realistic? I'm just wondering because I'm not sure myself what's accurate. :shrug
I think it used to be that emblem sails didn't have the stripe, and all others did, which looked slightly weird, hence the change.
However, if we were to swap that around as per your suggestion (if I understand correctly), then it might look better for stays and spankers etc, which don't need the stripe.
I'll have to see if I saved a layered version of the sail texture. If not, it will be a little more complicated to remove the stripe, but still possible.

Thanks... looks like I'm gonna be busy for a while. I can't guarantee I'll get this done until later next week, just so you're aware.
Perhaps we could add the 'HMS Black Pearl' as a Vanderdecken exclusive ship, which would give us... rather a few Pearl versions.
I'd say she'd look better using the standard deck texture, which is lighter than the Pearl's normal one.

So what purpose would that serve? Is that supposedly more realistic? I'm just wondering because I'm not sure myself what's accurate. :shrug
I think it used to be that emblem sails didn't have the stripe, and all others did, which looked slightly weird, hence the change.
However, if we were to swap that around as per your suggestion (if I understand correctly), then it might look better for stays and spankers etc, which don't need the stripe.
I'll have to see if I saved a layered version of the sail texture. If not, it will be a little more complicated to remove the stripe, but still possible.
My reasoning was mainly variety, as well as not having the stripe on triangular sails.

Thanks... looks like I'm gonna be busy for a while. I can't guarantee I'll get this done until later next week, just so you're aware.
Perhaps we could add the 'HMS Black Pearl' as a Vanderdecken exclusive ship, which would give us... rather a few Pearl versions.
I'd say she'd look better using the standard deck texture, which is lighter than the Pearl's normal one.
Although I do find the RN scheme interesting, why did we want this again? :?

Work on the Pearl is close to being complete.
me.gif

All I have to do now is the Neptune/sea monster statues on the stern and the figurehead.
keith.gif

Well this whole high-res project was a pain, but the results are really paying off.
rolleyes.gif

[attachment=7510:Fullscreen capture 11142011 121446 AM.jpg]

And just when I start to feel good about myself, I remember that I still have the QAR to do.
modding.gif
lol

Hey Pieter, can you make me a list of all the new stuff in Beta 2 so I can make a nice promotional video? I'm good at making movies.
keith.gif

Right here, mate: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/16164-build-14-beta-1-patch-news/page__view__findpost__p__410638
Ooohhh... nice promotional video WOULD be nice! :woot

I suppose the main stuff you could actually show in a video would be:
- Bridgetown Maltese Knight Abbey
- Steam Ships wind-independent propulsion and sound effects
- Improved sea colour (this'd end up being in there automatically, of course :wp )
- Tia Dalma character model added (opening of the Jack Sparrow storyline)
- Queen Anne's Revenge from Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides added
- Caravela Redonda high-detail custom model added
- HMS Revenge high-detail custom model added
- Flying Dutchman model replaced with more movie-accurate repaint of Cursed Dutchman (this could use your green flash treatment)
- Some swordfighting, since that was recoded as well

It' be difficult, if not impossible, to also show the Ship's Log interface in an interesting way, let alone the improved economy or bug fixes. :facepalm

Right here, mate: http://forum.pirates...post__p__410638
Ooohhh... nice promotional video WOULD be nice! :woot

I suppose the main stuff you could actually show in a video would be:
- Bridgetown Maltese Knight Abbey
- Steam Ships wind-independent propulsion and sound effects
- Improved sea colour (this'd end up being in there automatically, of course :wp )
- Tia Dalma character model added (opening of the Jack Sparrow storyline)
- Queen Anne's Revenge from Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides added
- Caravela Redonda high-detail custom model added
- HMS Revenge high-detail custom model added
- Flying Dutchman model replaced with more movie-accurate repaint of Cursed Dutchman (this could use your green flash treatment)
- Some swordfighting, since that was recoded as well

It' be difficult, if not impossible, to also show the Ship's Log interface in an interesting way, let alone the improved economy or bug fixes. :facepalm

Now would this be Patch 7? Or Beta 2? I was thinking just wait and make a video for Beta 2.

I don't know what new content will end up in Beta 2; depends on what will be released.
Maybe you could make some video material from the Patch 7 new content and then when Beta 2 is nearing completion, add some of that stuff too?

I don't know what new content will end up in Beta 2; depends on what will be released.
Maybe you could make some video material from the Patch 7 new content and then when Beta 2 is nearing completion, add some of that stuff too?

I'll have to wait till the Patch comes out. I don't have all that stuff. And some of it is required to make the video. (i.e. I don't have the new Flying Dutchman)
The Pearl is nearly done. I think I can have her done today. Then I need to give the QAR a high-res makeover.

The Patch is available to Modders already: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/16164-build-14-beta-1-patch-news/page__view__findpost__p__410787
I am reuploading the file because I didn't include bump.zap; however, if you didn't have problems with "oily water" in your original game version, that shouldn't make any difference.
Anyway, the fixed Light installer will be done uploading in half an hour as well.

The Patch is available to Modders already: http://forum.pirates...post__p__410787
I am reuploading the file because I didn't include bump.zap; however, if you didn't have problems with "oily water" in your original game version, that shouldn't make any difference.
Anyway, the fixed Light installer will be done uploading in half an hour as well.

Actually, I DID have oily water, remember? I had to install Build 13 to fix the problem. So then I guess I'll wait. Let me know when it's done.
icon_wink.gif

Back