• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black screen at start of game

Goran900

Landlubber
Hello i have big issue when i start new game i just get black screen i can use commands but dont see anything.I have intel graphic and i think this is problem for sure cos i cant even start normal pirates of the carribean.I can play Aion on this comp with nice graph on intel but cant this.Can u help?

Attachments

• system.log
    10.7 KB · Views: 133
:ahoy

Looking at that system.log it looks to me that POTC is not installed correctly at all. There are islands and textures that are not loading. If the stock POTC will not run, then the mod will not run. Try to reinstall the stock POTC outside of "program files" and see if it runs.

Those are stock game files that are missing! You DID install the unmodified game first, right?

Nothing just goes back to desktop without any errors.Btw i installed stock game outside of program files.

I think i'ts the locator files that are missing (for some reason) that causes the black screen. Missing texture files don't make that kind of trouble.

Have you tried installing the game and mods as follows:

1) Install the original game to a folder outside of Program Files.
2) Extract Build 14 Beta 2.1 Full to the same folder.
3) Extract Build 14 Beta 2.3 Light to the same folder, and tick the 'Intel fix' option during installation.

I have played this game before and i installed in right order in to c not in programs files.I just have new graphic crad Intel with existing problem that i have explained in first post.

I have downloaded game from internet stock game isnt original and i have instaled it into c disk not in program files.After that i instaled mod on top of game and after that light and clicked on intel for graphic i have done everything right in installing order i just dont know if my stock game is responsoble for not game or mod working.As i said i have played this game before i know how to install it.Just it isnt same computer..

Try reinstalling the stock game but don't install any modpacks, then see how the stock game works. That should give us a clue on what's wrong.

Even without the modpack? Apparently your computer REALLY doesn't like PotC. Have you tried both with and without the Intel fix?

I have tried wiht intel fix but i didnt without it i dont know if it is stock game bad cos i downloaded from interenet it isnt original i havent try mod without intel fix i will try later

If you downloaded the game from somewhere, chances are there will be issues. You would be much better off buying a second hand disc version, if you can find one (try sites like Amazon and Ebay).

Hey,

I have the same problem. After I start the game there is only a black screen. I installed everything outside of Program Files and the original game (CD no Download) is running without any problems. Do you have any idea what I mad wrong?

Thanks a lot

:ahoy mate.

In your case there is hope. In your POTC folder open the config file and untick safe mode. Also confirm that it is in 32bit mode. Save. Then open the engine.ini and at the top set your screen resolution. You can also enable error logging as laid out in the FAQ. Save. Then start the game and in the main menu set all of your options including advanced options. It should work fine then.

Back